Howard Gordon & Richard Price To Adapt BBC’s ‘Inside Men’ As Drama Series For Fox 21

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Richard Price (The Wire) is set to write a U.S. adaptation of BBC’s four-hour limited series Inside Men for Howard Gordon‘s 20th Century Fox TV-based Teakwood Lane. The project, a full-blown cable drama series, will be produced through 20th TV’s cable division Fox 21, which also is behind Teakwood Lane’s cable series Homeland, Tyrant and the upcoming Legends. BBC Worldwide Productions is co-producing. Based on the BBC limited series by Tony Basgallop, Inside Men is a multi-POV look at a robbery. (Watch a trailer for the original series below). Price is writing and will executive produce with Basgallop, Gordon, Hugh Fitzpatrick and Jane Tranter. The project will be developed internally and taken out later this year with one or more scripts written and a bible. “My expectation is that it will be phenomenal, this is as strong a project as any we have,†said Fox 21 President Bert Salke.

Gordon had been looking to adapt Inside Men in the U.S. since the limited series’ 2012 premiere. He reached out to Tranter at BBC Worldwide Prods., and Fox 21 made a deal with the company as well as Basgallop. The project underwent development, with Basgallop writing a few drafts. Salke said both Gordon and he “worshiped†Price, and Gordon reached out to him. “We were thrilled that Richard really loved it and came in with a world in his head built far out,†Salke said. Price is now writing new scripts.

This is Price’s second drama project at 20th TV. On the broadcast side, he recently sold a New York-set criminal drama to Fox with penalty. It centers on a twentysomething Wall Street portfolio manager who unwittingly becomes a pawn in the DA’s attempts to take down a criminal organization. Inside Men also marks Price’s second adaptation of a cult BBC crime series. He wrote the upcoming HBO limited series Criminal Justice, loosely inspired by the BBC series of the same name created by Peter Moffat. Price and Basgallop are repped by UTA; Basgallop is additionally repped by Jess Sykes at Independent in UK. Gordon is with WME.

I haven't seen BBC version so I am not sure what to think of this news.