HHH New Movie Not Doing Well

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
WWE Studios' The Chaperone starring Triple H drew virtually no business during its 'limited engagement' this weekend.

BoxOfficeMojo.com's chart listing the top grossing films for the weekend of February 18-20, with the bottom movie making $1,670 in one theater, did not rank the The Chaperone. Furthermore, the bottom five movies played in less theaters than the WWE produced film — ten.

The Chaperone will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on March 8.

As noted earlier here on the website, Chicago Tribune film critic Roger Moore's posted a negative review of The Chaperone entitled "'Triple H' is so unfunny it hurts." Echoing the sentiments of numerous wrestling analysts, he feels that Triple H doesn't have the comedic ability or charisma of fellow wrestling mega-stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson or Hulk Hogan, which in turns makes for an unfunny movie.

"Levesque isn't over-the-top enough to make his big-guy-disciplines-unruly-kids gags work," Moore wrote. "And without laughs, we're left to consider how inane the script is and how it wastes the few actors hired to bring their comedy chops.

"It's enough to make you throw in the towel on the whole WWE moviemaking cage match."

They prob expected the movie to do bad in the select theaters they put it in, and are hoping to just make some movie off the DVD sales. Regardless WWE should just cut off the theater releases all together and stick to direct to dvd.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
meh, I think they should let Ted DiBiase do more movies, he looked awesome in The Marine 2, thought i never watched it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't get why they don't just keep doing straight to DVD as that is where they make their money when it comes to these movies. I still do want to watch it though.

Kizza

Reaction score
jeez, im shocked. this movie looked like such a winner.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
jeez, im shocked. this movie looked like such a winner.

Heh, yeah, like anyone thought this was going to be any good.

Acting requires a totally different kind of talent, and Triple H just doesn't seem appealing in those aspects to me. There are similarities to wrestling I guess, but he's way better off just being on RAW or working for the WWE in an official fashion.