• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hey.

Sugarhill

I am no longer in the "getting back into wrestling" phase, but there are still some things that I have to Google. I missed the entire Attitude era for WWF, yes, it's still the WWF for me. I wasn't watching during the Monday Night Wars.

I watched wrestling when I was a child and into my teens. I gave it up just before college and didn't start back until about two years ago.

I first started watching the WWF, then they started showing AWA and NWA wrestling in my area. I took to them a little more strongly and the next thing I know, I was watching them more than the WWF. It didn't help that the Saturday Main Events didn't seem to come on as much as before.

Anyway, I liked the Freebirds and Ronnie "Hands of Stone" Garvin. I couldn't help but like the Four Horsemen. I tried not to, but all of them, except maybe Tully appealed to me. I liked the Rock N Roll Express more than the Midnight Express. I didn't exactly cry when Magnum T.A. got hurt, but I was very sad. Nikita Koloff was a favorite.

But, above all, even Ric Flair, was/is/and forever will be: STING!

I loved him. I don't watch TNA, but I remember many a Saturday morning with Sting.

I guess I could've waxed poetic about the WWF, but this is long enough. I don't want to completely bore you.

Sugarhill

Thanks. I didn't really mean to go on like that, but I got to thinking about the NWA/WCW and it just started flowing. I actually left some stuff out!

Troy

Welcome to WrestlingSmarks!

Nice introduction and you should definitely check out the Wrestling Classics section.

Sugarhill

An NWA Fan!!!!! :mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark:

Thanks for that! I actually wish I watched with a more critical eye back then, so I could have more memories to discuss. But, who would've ever thought message boards would be the meeting place across the world.

But, yeah, after I started watching it, I was trying to get all of my friends to switch so we could keep talking, but they refused. Their loss.

Last edited: