Hello!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I would have been watching sooner, but my brother didn't want to watch wrestling growing up. I asked once to watch it because all my friends at school did, but my brother said, "We're not watching that stuff. It's fake!" I never tried again, so I missed all the 80s era.

Once my brother moved out of the house in 1994, I was going to finally watch what got denied from me for years. So I dove in head-first and watched everything I could find. I watched WCW, WWF, Lucha Libre. I even found obscure promotions that aired in the middle of the night and recorded them to watch later. I believe the promotion was called the AWF. It was terrible in hindsight, but I didn't care at the time.
I am sorry to hear that. My older brother loved wrestling and my mom liked Roddy Piper's butt, so no one had a problem with me watching it :) He didn't care that it was fake.

I think I spent most of 1994 in my bedroom, in the dark, eating a big meatball sub and watching WCW Saturday Night. That was Flair's last major title reign. You had Vader, Austin, Rhodes, Regal, Pillman, Cactus Jack... damn those were good, good times. I have all the PPVs from that year on VHS lol.

Glad to have another person here who remembers those days. I am checking out your blogs today.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Welcome to Wrestling Smarks

Reactions: PaulMatthews78