• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Greatest Tag Team of the Last 30 years Round 1 Pt 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Match 1

#19 - Hardy Boyz

thehardyboyz_display.jpg

The 2000 Tag Team of the year had eight reigns totaling 286 days.

VS

#26 - The Briscoes

Briscoe_Brothers.jpg

ROH's most prolific tag team have had seven reigns totaling 732 days.

VS

WC - Davey Boy Smith & Owen Hart

Owen_Hart_%26_Davey_Boy_Smith22.jpg

One title reign of 247 days for the late brother in laws.

Match 2

#20 - The British Bulldogs

The_British_Bulldogs_01.jpg

One title reign for the Bulldogs of 294 days.

VS

#25 - The Smoking Gunns

SmokingGunns.jpg

Three title reigns of 331 days for Billy & Bart.

VS

WC - The Impact Players

impactplayersecw.jpg

Credible & Storm had two runs equaling 79 days.

Match 3

#21 - Public Enemy

PublicEnemy1.jpg

The late Public Enemy held tag titles six times totaling 379 days.

VS

#24 - The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes & Garvin)

fabulous-freebirds-128-wcw-impel-1991-wrestling-trading-cards-21971-p.jpg

PS & Jimmy Jam had three title reigns totaling 264 days.

VS

WC - Los Guerreros

los_guerreros_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d5arpha.jpg

Chavo & Eddie had two reigns equalling 114 days.

Match 4

#22 - MnM

mnm001iy2.jpg

The 2005 PWI Tag Team of the year had three title reigns for 291 days total.

VS

#23 - Motor City Machine Guns

mcmgchamppsp.jpg

Sabin & Shelley were the 2010 PWI Tag Team of the Year and they have had one reign of 182 days.

VS

WC - The Rockers

391.jpg

They held tag titles for 201 days between 2 reigns.

1. The Briscoes - Davey and Owen were good, but they were together for too short amount of time. The Hardyz had some highlights, but they were mostly skippable after 2001. The Briscoes were together for a full decade and they've carried multiple divisions.

2. The British Bulldogs - Smoking Gunns mostly sucked. Impact Players only had a few highlights. Bulldogs were great all around.

3. Los Guerreros - Can't say any of the three teams does much for me. That version of the Freebirds sucked something fierce. Public Enemy were entertaining gimmicks, not a team. Guerreros at least had some good matches.

4. The Rockers - MNM had some good matches, but they were only together for a little over a year. MCMG were good early on, but then they ended up being quite dreadful. The Rockers were legit great. The Rockers in 1989 fucking blew away most tag team's peak years. If you looked at the WWE MOTYC's in 1989, there's Hogan/Savage and the rest involves the Rockers.

Postman Dave

Briscoes - Thanks to Horrorfan for settling this for me, was very close between them and the Hardy's.

Bulldogs - Impact Playas are a lot like the Hollywood Blondes, a lot of people loved them but they weren't around nearly long enough to be considered. And the Gunns were a top tag team during a down period, Bulldogs were a top team during a hot period.

Guerreros - I mark for the Guerrero's

Rockers - MNM would be a contender had they stuck around longer, Rockers inspired most of the high flying teams in this list, including MCMG.

Sabretooth

Briscoes - I think the Hardys were a little better but the Briscoes' longevity put them over.

Bulldogs - they were a phenomenal tag team. The Impact Players simply didn't make a big enough impact with 79 days between two reigns. Bart Gunn is remembered for his loss to Butterbean and Billy went on to better things. The British Bulldogs were full of speed and power and charisma. And Matilda was awesome.

Fabulous Freebirds - Public Enemy was more gimmick than match quality and Los Guerrero's were only together for a year. Freebirds became the first team to use entrance music and were more historical.

Rockers - they innovated high flying tag action. They were flashly before flashly was cool. MNM and MCMG are just as good but the Rockers were the original.

Freebirds became the first team to use entrance music and were more historical.

No they weren't. This was the Garvin/Hayes version that only came together in 1989. So they were hardly the first tag team to have music. Now, were the original Freebirds the first to have tag team music? Perhaps, but this isn't about Hayes/Gordy.

Rockers - they innovated high flying tag action. They were flashly before flashly was cool. MNM and MCMG are just as good but the Rockers were the original.

Dude. :lol: The Rockers didn't innovate anything. The Rock 'n' Roll Express came before them and they weren't even the originals.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
The Hardyz were nothing special except glorified stuntmen imo gotta give this one to the Briscoes

The British Bulldogs with ease on this one but I did love the Impact Players a whole fuckin lot

unlike Mr 1986 I was quite entertained by this Freebird pairing during their run in WCW so I give this round to them

Shawn Michaels became way better post Rockers, I just could never get behind them as a kid but I can't deny their influence so I will give this round to them although I personally like MCMG much more

Last edited by a moderator:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
The Hardy Boyz were one of the pioneers of the TLC match and ushered in a new age of tag team wrestling during the Attitude Era. TBH I've always found the Briscoes to be overrated. I find myself wishing they'd go split up so I didn't have to see them continually going after the belts.

Impact Players
if for no other reason than I am a huge Justin Credible mark. Both he and Lance Storm are incredibly underrated in my view. Credible had the attitude and Storm was an untapped technical marvel.

Los Guerreros for mostly the same reasons as Mr. 1986.

The Rockers were just the team. Like others have said could not have a bad match in 1989 and had MOTYCs most weeks.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Hardy's- there really isn't much more that I can add to what hasn't already been said. Has spot monkeys been said yet?

Bulldog's- they were a great team living in the shadows of their family the Hart foundation, that was able to do well.

Los Guerreros- because of how good Eddie was, I hated the Freebirds and Public Enemy bored me to death

Rockers- to me they felt like a rip off of the the Rock n roll express and the midnight express, that had decent enough chemistry and a good look and some special moves.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.