Greatest Heels

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
We can't have this thread without mentioning Gorgeous George.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Your 14 what do you know about Gorgeous George? Cuz I'm 36 and I know nothing about him.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He paraded around the ring in a robe and acted like a cocky pretty boy. He had entrance music called pomp and circumstance. The fans payed to hate him

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Gee I feel so enlightened now

Reaction score
Your 14 what do you know about Gorgeous George? Cuz I'm 36 and I know nothing about him.

You can find a decent amount of Gorgeous George footage on Youtube. I imagine there's been plenty of docs about him as well. I can't say I know enough about him to have a real in-depth debate/conversation, but in theory, someone else could.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
But if your talking about your feeling for the greatest heel I feel to really have that strong an opinion your would have to had watched from week to week or month to month in various storylines to really be able to see how great they were. Watching random YouTube clips is fine but seeing an angle of two from start to finish gives u a much better perspective which is what you need to label something the greatest of all time

Reaction score
But if your talking about your feeling for the greatest heel I feel to really have that strong an opinion your would have to had watched from week to week or month to month in various storylines to really be able to see how great they were. Watching random YouTube clips is fine but seeing an angle of two from start to finish gives u a much better perspective which is what you need to label something the greatest of all time

That may be true, but it sounded like he was just mentioning a heel that he believed deserved mentioning, not so much George being his pick for best heel ever. As far as well known heels go, you kind of have to mention George, even if your knowledge of him isn't the most extensive. As far as heels go, George was one of the most famous. This is just off of the top of my head, but I'm willing to bet George was one of the earliest examples of a heel that didn't have to be a foreigner. In a time when the only heels for years were billed as Russians, Japanese and Germans, George came along and allowed people to explore their homophobia and boo the gay. While that gimmick is more or less dead in mainstream wrestling due to how PC the world has become, a whole slew of imitations and similar wrestlers came about following George's gimmick. Because of Gorgeous George, the wrestling world could add "Gay gimmick" to the list of possible characters.

Is that enough to name someone the best heel of all time? No, but it does warrant a mention.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler