Golden Era Music

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Technically Oldies is 20s-50s and sometimes 60s. There are some stations called like 80s Oldies or something like that as well.
Most people consider "oldies" anything older than 20 years. So to a lot of people, music in 1998 and before that is considered oldies. I think it should be at least 50 years. So when you are in your 50's, the music you grew up on is "oldies". It makes no damn sense that I am 30 and the music I enjoyed in the 90's is considered old. By my logic, 1968 and before that is oldies. Makes a lot more sense, no?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Most people consider "oldies" anything older than 20 years. So to a lot of people, music in 1998 and before that is considered oldies. I think it should be at least 50 years. So when you are in your 50's, the music you grew up on is "oldies". It makes no damn sense that I am 30 and the music I enjoyed in the 90's is considered old. By my logic, 1968 and before that is oldies. Makes a lot more sense, no?
I mean you can call music from any year whatever you want to call it, I don't honestly care, but in a general sense Oldies is usually what I said and such. You can consider music from the 70s as oldies I don't care because music is just music. I just know what I have told and what the music industry has always said what "oldies" and such is. I mean if Nikki wanted to keep the thread called The Oldies and have people post stuff form he 80s and 90s that is fine because I don't care for labeling stuff that doesn't make sense labeling, if that makes any sense. I mean when I say "That song came out 10 years ago" I always refer to the 90s and not early 2000s.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I mean you can call music from any year whatever you want to call it, I don't honestly care, but in a general sense Oldies is usually what I said and such. You can consider music from the 70s as oldies I don't care because music is just music. I just know what I have told and what the music industry has always said what "oldies" and such is. I mean if Nikki wanted to keep the thread called The Oldies and have people post stuff form he 80s and 90s that is fine because I don't care for labeling stuff that doesn't make sense labeling, if that makes any sense. I mean when I say "That song came out 10 years ago" I always refer to the 90s and not early 2000s.

It is just the times really. People like to dispose of anything old or "out of date" as fast as they can so calling 90's music old goes with that. I guess maybe to someone born in 2010, music in the 90's may very well sound old to them but I do agree that 90's music should just be refereed to as 90's music. Same with 80's and 70's.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what you consider as Oldies or not. One thing we can all agree on is that there is no expiry date on music...

So let the good times roll..

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what you consider as Oldies or not. One thing we can all agree on is that there is no expiry date on music...

So let the good times roll..

I worked at a Walgreens when I was younger and these songs played allllll the time. I used to hate it but then it grew on me. lol

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It is just the times really. People like to dispose of anything old or "out of date" as fast as they can so calling 90's music old goes with that. I guess maybe to someone born in 2010, music in the 90's may very well sound old to them but I do agree that 90's music should just be refereed to as 90's music. Same with 80's and 70's.
I agree the times have changed. People are quickly to dispose of anything as soon as its irrelevant in pop culture or mainstream media in a sense. That is what I do personally. I just call stuff 90s, 80s, or whatever except for Classical but with good reason.

Reactions: Solid Snake