Goldberg considering self-promoted retirement tour

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtk2mjmxmdqwotiwotg2oti4.jpg

Bill Goldberg says he's not hanging up his wrestling boots until he has a proper send-off.

The WWE Hall of Famer was a guest on 93.7 The Ticket on Monday and spoke about Vince McMahon promising him a retirement match after he agreed to wrestle Roman Reigns at the 2022 Elimination Chamber.

Goldberg was asked about recent rumors regarding his free agency status and responded:

I'll stop the rumor mill right now. The reason why these rumors are out there is because Vince McMahon and I had a handshake understanding that after the Roman Reigns match, I would have a proper retirement match and that hasn't come to fruition through them and so therefore, nobody puts a stamp on my career, nobody tells me when I'm done, period, end of story. And when somebody tells me that, I kind of like to fight against it. I like to do things my own way and I go out my own way and I certainly don't go out under Roman Reigns three weeks after I have COVID and agreed to a match.
So, if I go on a world tour and promote it myself, that's a possibility. Hey, I'm a businessman and I'm fortunately in the position, I firmly believe, to where I can still make it happen. At the end of the day, like I said, I do believe that my character deserves a proper send-off and until that happens, I don't believe I'm hanging them up. So, anything and everything is an option.
I'm very much leaning toward promoting it myself and doing a four city world tour. So, let the rumor mill start up after that.

Goldberg's last official match took place in Saudi Arabia on February 19, 2022. He lost to Reigns via referee stoppage in just six minutes. He's wrestled 12 times since returning to WWE in 2016, 11 singles matches and one Royal Rumble. He holds victories over Brock Lesnar, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, The Fiend, and Bobby Lashley during this period. Goldberg has also suffered losses to Lesnar, Undertaker, Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre, Lashley, and Roman Reigns over the last seven years.

The 56-year-old was voted Rookie of the Year in the 1998 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards. He is a one-time WCW World Champion, one-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and a two-time Universal Champion. Goldberg was also inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2018.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
looking forward to him filling up the Georgia Dome in his self promoted match against Tyrus

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Goldberg v Vikingo book it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I would tell him to knock himself out but he'd probably take it literally

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Book Morrison so we can get a Johnny "Goldberg retirement tour"?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bill Goldberg and Sting could potentially be involved in a huge show in Israel later this year.

Longtime promoter and agent, Rick Bassman, told Haus of Wrestling recently that he's been in contact with Goldberg about a potential event in Jerusalem this September.

“First of all, I’m actively in touch with Bill, I’m working on a date right now,” Bassman began. “I don’t promote much these days but every now and then, something fun comes up, and it’s worth diving into. So working on a date in Jerusalem, Israel for September of this year. And that would involve, potentially, both Goldberg and Sting. And then on the whole ladder, you have the AEW clearance issues, of course. So that’s something that I really hope to put together."

Goldberg told 97.3 The Ticket last month that he was looking into a self-promoted retirement tour. He noted that WWE promised him a retirement match after he agreed to face Roman Reigns at Elimination Chamber 2022 but the company has not followed through on the deal.

As for Sting's possible involvement, the 64-year-old noted in an interview with D Magazine in January that his AEW contract expires sometime in 2023. When his deal is up, Sting plans to retire.

Bassman also mentioned that he's been in contact with Goldberg's agent, Barry Bloom, regarding a potential event or tour. Still, Bassman would not be surprised if Goldberg ends up back in WWE.

Bassman continued:

“Now, only because I’ve been in touch actively with Bill, and then also with his agent, Barry Bloom, who is a longtime good friend. They are working on exactly what you described. But to my knowledge, it still needs to all be nailed down. That said, I would not be surprised to see Bill end up back in WWE for something massive.”

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon