Global Force Wrestling presents NJPW Wrestlekingdom 9

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
'Global Force Wrestling is proud to announce that the first event under its banner will be in conjunction with New Japan Pro Wrestling and its Jan. 4 show from the Tokyo Dome. "GFW Presents New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom 9" will air live in North America at 2 a.m. ET on Jan. 4, which is 4 p.m. in Tokyo.

The four-hour telecast also will air in primetime in North America at 7 p.m. ET on your pay-per-view provider, including DirecTV, Dish, AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Verizon Fios and all cable systems in the United States, and in Canada on Bell ExpressVu TV, Rogers, Shaw, Sasktel and Telus. Check your local listings for availability. The show also will be available on the "Flipps" app on iTunes or Android. "Wrestle Kingdom 9" will be the 24th consecutive year for the Jan. 4 dome event, which kicks off the year in Japan and annually is the largest wrestling show in the world outside of the United States, drawing in excess of 40,000 fans.

"This is one of the great events on the wrestling calendar every year, and for GFW to have the opportunity to bring it to the American audience is an honor and a privilege," GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said. "This event has a history that involves not only the greatest names in Japanese wrestling history but some of the greatest names in U.S. wrestling history."

NJPW founder and wrestling icon Antonio Inoki has appeared on the Jan. 4 dome show five times. Other legends to appear include Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, the Steiner Brothers, Big Van Vader, Randy Savage, Brock Lesnar, the Great Muta, the Great Kabuki, Masahiro Chono and Riki Choshu. This year's card is headlined by an IGWP heavyweight title match between Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada. The Bullet Club, of which Jarrett is a member along with A.J. Styles and IWGP tag team champions Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows, is expected to appear on the show as well. The show will be available in English and in Japanese via the second audio program (SAP) button on your TV. GFW will reveal the North American announcers for the event in the near future.

[HASHTAG]#JoinTheForce[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#GFWJan4[/HASHTAG] www.GlobalForceWrestling.com '

Taken from wrestleview.com

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Ha, they actually managed to get 4 hours. They'll probably cut a match or two (or three) since the Dome shows are usually 5 hours long.

Also, I predict 100 buys.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Yes indeed I will buy a PPV to watch at 2 AM. :mad1:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Where are you even from? If US then it says in the article that it will air during prime time too.
The live version is at 2 AM though.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
And what? It's still getting shown on prime time.
It will be up on WW or torrents site by then, so really no reason to spend the money on the PT version.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Wow. Jeff Jarrett even got the biggest names in wrestling to promote this event, AND to promote his new organization!
Also, I predict 100 buys.
Try more. This is Japan.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wow. Jeff Jarrett even got the biggest names in wrestling to promote this event, AND to promote his new organization!

Try more. This is Japan.
Jarrett isn't broadcasting this in Japan, only in the states. So any buys in Japan would be through the Japanese providers.

Besides. With NewJapanWorld (New Japans answer to the WWE network) having the dome show Jarrett will probably get about 100 buys.