GFX League: Suggestion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan

Reaction score
I believe the 1000 pixel rule IS a good idea EXCEPT in cases of posters or wallpapers if we ever do that. Sometimes you need more canvas, and I think King knows when 1000 px just wouldn't be enough. What I usually like to do for posters is open up Photoshop and enter 8.5"x11" as the dimensions at 72 ppi and then work with that because it's the size of a standard piece of paper and those dimensions tend to work well for posters. I think that translates into something like a little over 600 by a little over 800.

I'm going to toss up DVD cases or video game boxes or even CD cases as a theme. Maybe just a front cover or a back cover if a whole thing is too much. I think that theme would really only work for an Underground King match though since it takes a bit of skill to properly make a box art. So I guess I'm suggesting box arts as a theme but only for an Underground King title match.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Uhh.. not really. I've been just slacking off and using an EXTREMELY old version of Photoshop right now, so therefore my record is what it is like. Therefore even though I'm in the Alpha Dog division, I'm sure I could be able to make good box art.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
It's alright man, you didn't insult me or anything. I just noted that not only Underground King guys could do such things. If a theme, then for the whole card. If we do it good, it's good - if not, our bad. And thanks for the CS6, I'll defo give it a try!

Retro

Reaction score
I was thinking, having actual events for e.g. Event 1: Revamped then having say 5 or so matches on the card for that event. And instead of voting have 3 Experienced judges each entry instead of voting to avoid the bias comments. Just my opinion, I have ran many graphics leagues so I know what works and what doesn't. :)

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'd be on board with the "judges" idea actually, provided they give their detailed reasoning behind each vote so that these supposedly experienced users can give advice that actually helps people improve, rather than just having judges "because we know best". That panel should also be selected by the community.

Its just that it rarely works because it easily lends itself to claims of bias and political bullshit, and you really need everyone on board for it.

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
King may need to open poll for it..so we can know how much of the guys really want this .....

The_King

Reaction score
Once this set of battles close, I'll toss up a poll on the judge voting.
I've done the judge system before, and the only problems were late judging and or not enough judges so I'm cool with it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Add me to the next card.

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
Just a small suggestion ....
as far all guys trying there best but they might sometime not liking the theme ...
why don't we get 3 themes and choose the best one we like and work on it.....

different themes makes it eusy to choose...and we don't need to keep working on the must one....(hell to my english but you guys get the point lol)..

hope to get quick response to the suggestion......