• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Georges St-Pierre believes he's still the best, but won't committ to UFC return.

The Great Cochrane

Georges St-Pierre posted the biggest question mark regarding his UFC future after his fight against Johny Hendricks at UFC 167. Although the former 170 lb king said he was going to "hang his gloves up" for a bit, he made sure he was very careful not to drop the R bomb when doing so.

Since stepping away from the octagon, Hendricks has finally gained the belt and the welterweight division's talent pool is looking deeper than ever with guys like Robbie Lawler, Matt Brown, Rory MacDonald, and Hector Lombard all gunning for a shot at the title. But that doesn't stop GSP from thinking he's still the best in the game.

The former champ recently took some time to discuss the prospects of a potential comeback on MMA Insider:

Georges St-Pierre said:
I needed this. To be happy, I needed it. I lost the motivation. The feeling that I want is the need to compete again. If you have a bad day [in MMA] you can get hurt really bad. I truly believe if I find the fun of doing it again, and I find the fire back, I believe I’m the best in the world and if I ever come back, it’s going to be to show it. Right now, I’m enjoying my time.

St-Pierre walked away from the octagon after defeating Hendricks with a razor thin split decision, prior to that, he also walked away from the octagon with the most wins in UFC history, most time spent in the octagon, and most consecutive title defenses in UFC history defeating the likes of BJ Penn, Josh Koscheck, Carlos Condit, and Nick Diaz.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: BJ Penn.com

----------------------------------------------------------

Georges doesn't need to come back to prove he's the greatest. He's already got the numbers to prove it and his rest is most certainly well deserved.

And it doesn't matter what people can tell me, he won that fight against Hendricks. I believe it was close but not controversial. I've watched that fight so many times over and over again and no matter what I still believe Georges won with more crisper strikes and more effective wrestling and ground control.