George Jones - George Jones Dies At 81

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The Door hitmaker was admitted to a hospital in Nashville, Tennessee earlier this month (Apr13) suffering from a fever and irregular blood pressure which had been detected during a routine check-up.

Jones axed two concerts on his farewell tour to battle the illness, but on Friday it was announced the veteran star had passed away. No further details were available as Wenn went to press.

Born in Saratoga, Texas in 1931, Jones began playing the guitar at the age of nine and he left home at 16 to pursue a music career.

After a stint serving with the United States Marine Corps, Jones returned to music and gained a reputation for his hard-drinking lifestyle and his wildman antics, earning himself the nickname 'No-Show Jones' for his tendency to miss gigs through drunkenness.

From the 1950s to the early 2000s he notched up dozens of hit albums and top 10 songs in the U.S. and Canadian country music charts, and he frequently toured the U.S.

As his advancing years began to catch up with him, Jones announced last year (12) he planned to retire from live performance after one final 60-city road trip, dubbed The Grand Tour, this year (13). Sadly, the star fell ill and was unable to complete his farewell concerts, which were due to end with a show in Nashville in November (13). He was also planning to release a final album, featuring duets with Dolly Parton.

Jones was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1992 and was given a Grammy Lifetime Achievement award last year (12). In 2008 he was named as a prestigious Kennedy Center Honoree.

The musician was married four times, including a six-year union with fellow country icon Tammy Wynette, and had two sons and two daughters. He was still wed to fourth wife Nancy when he passed away.

RIP. What a great man. Thank you George.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Can't believe he made it to 81 with the amount of boozing he did during his time. RIP.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Rest in peace brother. Not a country music fan so I barely know of the dude, but he's clearly a legend.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Can't believe he made it to 81 with the amount of boozing he did during his time. RIP.

I'm more shocked that Lemmy is still kicking. :lol:

RIP

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
My bad, I feel dumb for not checking here for a thread.

as I said there R.I.P to one of the best, a true legend in country music