Genesis This Sunday:What will be the highlights and lowlights on Sunday?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
There is currently on thread for the latest TNA PPV this weekend so I thought it was time to change that.

For the first time in quite awhile I am looking forward to an TNA event. The mid-card has to one of the strongest in recent history. And I am quite intrigued to see how the MMA match is going to work out. If Van Dam is given a strong MO then that might be one of his better matches, and althrough the prospect of Matt Morgan and Mr. Anderson doesn't thrill me, at least we might see Anderson get his long awaited title shot, and get rid of the useless Morgan from the title picture.

HIGHLIGHTS
TV Title should be a cracking fast pace, but also tight techical feast, with some good near falls.
The Beer Money/MCMG always have good matches, and if they are given around 15 Minutes to tell a good story, this should be a very exciting match, with lots of crowd heat.
KO's Title, James is one of the big plus for the Women's Division, and should be able to work a good match with the promosing Rayne, but it is too soon put the belt on her.
Samoa V The Pope is also interesting, both had disserpointing years in 2010, but they do have talent, and having just signed a new contract, Joes needs to start picking up wins.

LOWLIGHTS
Rob Van Dam V ??? Don't really care about Van Dam, and unless TNA come up with a major new signing to face him, I don't think there will be much to see here.
X-Title, might be a solid affair, but TNA have lost interest in the league and I see it being a bit of a short spot feast, before two guys a little off form.
Brother Ray V Brother Devon, I know it hasn't been done before, but these guys have had their day in the sun, and perform much better as a team.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
HIGHLIGHTS
TV Title should be a clinic as the two know each other well after two decent if not great matches already.
The Beer Money/MCMG always have good matches, and are 1/2 of the 4 best tag teams on the planet (KOW and Briscoe's)
KO's Title, James is great and Rayne is underrated looks good.
X-Title The two have had good matches in the past.

LOWLIGHTS
Rob Van Dam V ??? If it's Matt Hardy I will be pissed.
Brother Ray V Brother Devon, Borefest

Not sure
Exhibition. Angle-Jarrett could be a good rivalry but this could be too gimmicky for my liking.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am with you on the MMA one Scott, I mean two guys in their fortys, one of which has never be involved in this sort of match, should just stick to pro wrestling. I think the rules might get in the way here.

I don't think Matt Hardy will be RVD's MO, as I don't think his 30 day thing has run out yet.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The MMA match will be a clusterfuck, that will become a wrestling match more than anything, not like its AJ Styles/Frank Trigg so I don't expect much from this, and Jarrett throws punches like a 8 year old. Him doing MMA makes me laugh, kind of like Danny McBride in Foot Fist Way.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What a let down this PPV was, the TNA booking squad strikes again!;)

The opening three matches, aside from maybe one or two sloppy finishes couldn't have gone much better, but it was all down hill from there. AJ Styles being replaced by Abyss was a problem clearly, but really I was left baffered once again.

X Division Title
I was really impressed with how Kazarian carried the match, and worked the crowd as the heel, (I think this guy is quite underrated as a Rick Martel type character, and needs to be pushed more in that role), and unlike most X matches which are a mixed bag of ramdon spots, this was nicely paced, and had some good chain wrestling, and some tight near falls.
7/10

TNA Knockouts Title
A very impressive, and polished display by the ventarn James, who was very lively, and really connected with the crowd, I liked the contrast between her high impact, fast paced approach, and the swagger, but slower paced Madison Rayne. My only real knock on the match (apart from the finish), was that the champion didn't really hold up her end of the bargin, she was a bit sloppy on some of the high spots, and punches/forearms and just lacked the conviction of her oppernent.
7/10

TNA Tag Team Titles
Match of the night, once again the Guns and Beer Money steal the show! Some exceptionally work from Roode and Shelly, espically, very exciting, hard hitting, but also quite unpredictable, as they had me guessing towards the end. The Guns losing the belts so soon, is the wrong descission, lets just hope it is not too long before they get them back.
8/10

Brother Ray VS. Brother Devon
Very slow, and clamsy match, which to be fair had a fair bit of crowd heat. Much of the brawling was unconvicing, and althrough Devon did his best with some good selling, and one or two nice spots, it was a very lifeless match, and yes I can understand the DQ finish as far as extending the feud, but the way it came about made no sense.

Television Title Match
As mention no AJ here which meant rather be up there for MOTN, this turned into a very avenge match with the addation of the clueless Abyss. Williams was hampered by the lame booking, as well as the match being too short, and just filled with ramdon high spots. The finish was terrible. Now I am guessing at this point than Styles never was injuried, and it was just a trick so that he could run in and cost DW the belt, if so even by this companies standeds that is weak :)
5/10

RVD VS. Matt Hardy
First booby before the match RVD "There is only one person than I want and that is Hardy, just give me Hardy" EB"Be careful what you wished for Rob because you might just get it, if you want Hardy I will give you Hardy" So in other words whereas before this meeting of the minds back stage there was some doubt over weather Matt Hardy would be appearing at Genesis, good Ol easy E telegraphed it, killing another suprise, talk about fucking up in such a basic rule one kind of a way!:eek: Anyway what followed was a decent pop when the older Hardy came out, followed by near complete silence for the next ten minutes, as the two went through the mortions in a match which barely left second gear, and had another screwy finish. Lovely!:mad:
3/10

MMA Exhibition
And it just gets worse! First off why was TNA's top babyface at the moment, acting so heelish in his post-match interview, confused? Never mind they will never explain it:confused: This was actually the worse match of the night, for the following reasons: 1. MMA on this basis is boring 2. This is Pro Wrestling, and wrestlers are out of their element in this kind of match 3. Jarrett was made to look like a jobber, i.e. not a serious threat to Angle 4. The tone was more of a comedy match 5. The finish was again dumb! 6. The crowd totally hated it! Wait ago TNA, lets all sing it together now "FIRE RUSSIO, FIRE RUSSIO"
3/10

Mr Anderson VS. Matt Morgan
The two styles just didn't mix well for a good match, so what we got was a very typical route one TNA, big man, punch, kick, slam, with a little bit of wrestling thrown in fest, with Morgan looking as out of his depth as always.
3/10

TNA World Title
So the Pay Per View at least ended on a reasonably high, as to be fair not a lot of people would have saw this coming, and Anderson did do a good job of selling his struggles, and carried the out of shape now former champion to a half decent match. Then again this sort of swerve is not new in wrestling, and it would have come off better had Anderson's title win not been over shadowed by the cast of extras, including of couse Bishoff who once again has to be centre of attention.
4.5/10

So Mr Anderson is now the TNA World Champion, which I for one don't see as a bad thing, but will the company now build on this? and on the evidence of this event, they have instelled me with no confidence.

If not for the first three matches, this would be getting a 1/10 or maybe even zero, but on the basis of those, and at least a bit of a sting at the end, I will give it 4/10

Anymore reviews?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
The show started off with a bang and I was feeling really good then it tanked so quickly I was beyond disappointed, here is a quick wrap-up in my opinion.

X Division Title match was very good. I have been a big supporter of both these guys for a long time. Both had short periods where it looked like they could be elevated to the top of the company in the past both both were blown. Kaz after his matches with Christian and Angle which both were fantastic. And Lethal after he first picked up the black machismo gimmick and dominated in that 6 man street fight with the Guns against 3D and Devine. The guns were dead for half the match outside the ring and Lethal DOMINATED. Nothing followed either one but both could always wrestle and they looked good here. Keith like the Martel comparison, I definitely see that and Rick was one of my favorite when I was growing up.

Knockouts match was good but not that special. James and Rayne both can wrestle and so I was entertained throughout. Ending was weak.

Tag match was great as always and I kinda liked the ending because I didn't see it coming. I just hope the guns don't split because I'd be pissed.

Brother Ray vs Brother Devon wasn't even a good brawl which I thought it could have been. I understand the continuation finish though.

TV Title match was awful. I read before the show that Styles was injured at a house show so I knew he was probably out but why Abyss? And worse why put the Title on him when Williams could have a good match with anyone?

I said before the show I'd be pissed if RVD's opponent was Matt so I was pissed. Match blew chunks as neither guy looked like they even wanted to be there.

Exhibition was too bad to even discuss.

Anderson-Morgan was what it was, was excited about the Anderson win as it is his time. Morgan has improved leaps and bounds over the years but still is a punch and kick guy.

Title match was unpredictable but didn't make a whole lot of sense because it could of been a solid seller and they gave it away for nothing but it made sense to change hands after immortal won every other title. Rematch should be good as well

Overall show really disappointed but opener and tag match made it watchable, shock ending helped also.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree with most of that. Yes Anderson's win was a nice suprise, but the excution was poor, and if they just have him have a Joe like reign, and he drops it in two months, it will all be for nothing anyway.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I agree with that and wouldn't be surprised if he dropped it back to Jeff. It was just a nice surprise to finally see Anderson win the big one.