General Gaming Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm up to chapter 2 of The Walking Dead game. It's really really really really good. Point and click adventure may have been a skeptical choice, but the game thinks small, pitting you amongst a well explored lot of characters in small environments so that you become very intimate with your surroundings, with even the seemingly trivial decisions having profound consequences. The story is paced perfectly so the drama hits at the right moments.

And best of all, it's a zombie game where the fellow survivors, with their clashing ethics, irrational thinking in tough situations, personal grudges and general inability to fully work as a cohesive team, can actually be just as much a danger to you as the zombies. In one situation, I found myself extremely paranoid of a group of strangers wanting to broker a supply trade. Though I haven't finished that arc yet, things have progressed enough that it looks like I acted more unfairly to these people and was just really paranoid because they happened to be armed.

Can't recommend this game enough man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Just finished episode 2 of it [MENTION=529]Defiant-sensei[/MENTION], ahhhhh what a great episode. Was so good with such an intriguing story. Sensed something was off with those people from the get go. Can't wait to play the third episode. Very addictive.

Last edited:

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
How come games thesedays have better storylines than movies? Not a complaint about games, it helps you get into them and makes it feel more epic. But why is it game developers can think up great storylines like Tomb Raider or Hitman; Absolution when Hollywood hasn't put out anything that well thought out in eons?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Video games are still considered a niche thing while Movies are purposely dumb downed to control the masses. Take Red Dawn 2 for example that was completely retooled by the Chinese Government so they could dictate what Americans think of them. It's just mindless trash that people that have came from generations of teenage parents can actually grasp.

Stella March

Has anyone checked out NBA 2k13? I am ardent NBA fan and look forward to check out the latest version. Have you checked it out? Any review on it?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Preordered Watch_Dogs: Ded Sec Edition at my local EBGames yesterday. Will end up costing $148 here in Australia but I just put the minimum of $30 down. Doesn't come out til November sadly but that gives me time to pay it off as well as other games. I'm looking forward to it. Game looks really good. Looks like a unique and interesting game that will be a lot of fun. Superb graphics as well I must say. What if the next gen Xbox comes out?! I don't know what to do with all these games coming out when you have a next gen console coming.

And atm I've just been playing GTA IV again from the start to look forward to GTA 5 as well as I bought RDR again so I'll start that after I'm finished up with GTA IV. Also finished The Walking Dead episode 5 a week or two ago. Gah I can't wait for season two. How is the game going to continue?! Such a gripping game. Highly recommend it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Is PS Plus worth the $50? I've been looking at it and never really thought of buying it before but I was just wondering

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Is PS Plus worth the $50? I've been looking at it and never really thought of buying it before but I was just wondering

I find it to be worth it honestly. In the year I have had my PS3 I managed to get Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, NFL Blitz, NBA Jam, Little Big Planet 2, Saints Row 3, Retro City Rampage, and Pinball FX: Star Wars for free, and the deals on The Walking Dead, Borderlands 2, & Farcry 3: Blood Dragon alone have saved me nearly $50.

I would also assume you would be interested in anime streaming with Crunchy Roll & Neon Alley. Not sure if you need PS+ to use them, but I know you do for Youtube & Crackle.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
You don't need Plus to use Youtube...

If you play a lot of games it truly makes up for itself. You'll get dozens of free games throughout the year and everything is pretty much on sale to you as it is. Gettin' Plus was one of the best decisions I've made with my PS3.

Kassidy

Reaction score
I pretty much buy all the games i want on release date and don't tend to wait months for them to pop up for free so the only games I have downloaded with my plus has been the old mega man games. Glad I didn't pay for my plus, came with my White PS3, and probably won't renew till a decent online game comes out for PS4 that requires it.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I have to keep fuckin' with the sliders on Madden 25 because they made QBs too fuckin' good. I mean the NFL is all about QBs so why not make people pissed if they like playin' defense? That way all these lazy Madden players don't ever have to bother wantin' to play it again. I mean some people are just nearly impossible to beat in the final two minutes, no matter how much you are winnin' by. They just decide they are gonna win and just wipe you out with ridiculous plays that make no sense on 3rd and long. Pretty fuckin' stupid that they had to make even Madden all about QBs when AP is the god damn MVP.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea I'm not a huge fan of the new Madden, been playing quite a bit and guys online are just ridiculously good.