Gable Steveson confirms he's done with college wrestling, leaves door open for 2024 Olympics

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
gable-wwejpeg.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Future WWE wrestler Gable Steveson says he might still compete at the 2024 Olympics.

Steveson left his boots on the mat after winning his second-straight NCAA heavyweight championship last Saturday. During an appearance on The MMA Hour on Wednesday, however, he said he's not closing the door on returning to amateur wrestling.

"For now, I'm done. For now, I'm going to focus on WWE, go to WrestleMania, do all those things," Steveson said.

"I know that competitive itch is going to come back and who knows? It might be at the 2024 Olympic trials when I show up again, but I do feel like I will put the shoes back on just not for a little bit."

"When that time comes, I'll only be 24. I feel like I still have a lot left to prove," Steveson said about possibly participating in the 2024 Olympics. "I hope to maybe show up and if I don't, 2028 is there and I'll only be 28."

He confirmed that he is eligible to compete one more year in college but does not plan on doing so.

He also said that Brock Lesnar was one of the first people to congratulate him following his second-straight NCAA championship.

"He was one of the first. He said 'great job', congratulated me on my good interview too. He said I had a really good interview which I was proud to hear. I've been working on my talking skills," he said. "I like how Roman Reigns talks on Friday Night SmackDown. He's so productive, he's strong with his words, he's just a one of a kind spokesperson."

Steveson was asked if he has received any help from Paul Heyman on his talking skills.

"He's a wizard, you know? There was times when he would tell me certain things to spin to make an attraction bigger than it should be. He's just so smart. He's literally a genius at what he does," he said.

Steveson continued to say that he has a good relationship with WWE's Paul "HHH" Levesque and president Nick Khan as well. He confirmed he will be at WrestleMania, but would not elaborate any further regarding what his role on the show would be.

"My exact start date is in the middle of April. So, they're letting me finish school, they're letting me do my thing," Steveson continued. "I'm planning on getting on TV and getting in the ring on TV really, really soon."

He also confirmed he will be bypassing NXT and heading straight to the Raw brand.