• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Hulk Hogan's ENTIRE career out of 5.

• * - I suck BROTHER~!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ** - I'm overrated BROTHER~!

• *** - I'm just there BROTHER~!

• ***** - I'm a GOAT BROTHER~!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Alright folks, this is a pretty simple concept so let's see if it catches on. The basic idea here is to vote in the poll on the overall career of the wrestler featured each week, from one-star (lowest) to five (highest) depending on how you see their contribution to wrestling as a whole. This shouldn't just include their matches, but also their work in making the business bigger or more important and their overall impact on their industry. It's also important to take into consideration the negative impact they may have had, whether by accident or by design. In the end, an overall assessment of all their work, both negative and positive, should be enough to give you an idea of where they fall in the star category. So, with those simple little rules out of the way, let's take a gander at Hulk Hogan.

2qmf41l.png

Arguably the most popular wrestler in the history of the business (at the very least in North America), Hulk Hogan used an entertainment style of wrestling to his advantage. While not the most technically sound guy (though his work in Japan proved he could actually go when required) he nevertheless shot to the top of both the WWF in the 1980's and WCW in the 1990's. He also managed to re-invent himself as the top heel in the business in 1996, something that not many guys can claim. However, his backstage politicking and ego generally proved to be bad for business as a whole, and Hogan has often been the subject of complaints about "holding down" from other workers.

Hogan has been with TNA since 2010 and has so far proven to be less than stellar for their growth, though he does still have a dominant stage presence and provides fans with that "mark out" moment they all seek. Regardless of his perceived shortcomings, Hogan has definitely carved out a niche for himself in the business and will always be seen as a legend. The question here is whether that legend is worth a five-star rating?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
He's a GOAT, whether people like him or not. Wrestling is about more than 5 star matches, and few have made more money in this industry than the Hulkster. And to have helped create two boom periods as both face and heel, he proves his ability as a performer.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He shot WWE to new heights as the face of the company providing them global attention. He shot WCW to new heights as a heel and dominated the ratings for 2 years. Considering he was able to be the top star in two company's under two characters, that deserves a 5* rating.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I will vote on this when I get home on the pc but I have to agree that he is 5* not only to what he did in both companies but he was also so huge that he was known the world over and the only professional wrestler that has graced the cover of sports illustrated.

I think the big question to ask is would wrestling be where it is today if he were not around in the 80's as the larger than life hero for some of us?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
he was a five star until...TNA now he is a 4 star...we have to judge his whole career not just the good times