FOX Cancels American Idol After 15 Seasons

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Television has taken a huge hit this year so far, especially when it comes to music. With David Letterman leaving The Late Show, there will be no medium for up-and-coming artists to get a spot on television. Letterman helped to connect so many different artists with people who could have never heard them. Stephen Colbert has been confirmed as a pretty big music fan in the past, but it would take a lot for him to exceed the precedent that Letterman has set. Not only that, but we found out this month that The Osbournes would, in fact, not see the light of day again, as it was scrapped by VH1. Now, however, there comes some news that some will see as good, some will see as bad, but it definitely signals the end of an era…

American Idol is iconic, for better or worse, and has spawned many clones, parodies, and even a few award-winning artists. Those days, however, have finally come to an end after 13 years of being on the air. Whether you love or hate the show, it’s cancellation does reflect the messy state of the entertainment (music and otherwise) industry today. The show was one of the most viewed of it’s kind, and spawned quite a few award winning artists like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson. In fact, not only was the show one of the most popular talent-search shows of all time, it ranked among the most popular television series of all time, setting records for Most Viewed Television Program for 7 consecutive seasons! The show had seemed almost ‘too big to fail’, but now, times are changing, it seems. Fox announced the show’s departure in a somewhat unceremonious fashion via their website:

“AMERICAN IDOL will begin its 15th – and final – season this January on FOX. A season-long celebratory event, AMERICAN IDOL XV will feature host Ryan Seacrest and judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr., as they search for the final IDOL superstar and pay tribute to the past 14 seasons of amazingly talented contestants and the millions of fans who tweeted, texted and championed their IDOLs”

Maybe it’s not shocking that she show has met it’s demise after so long, as it had declined quite a bit since it’s peak a few years back. With judge Simon Cowell moving to a similar show, The X Factor, and, despite winners of the show eventually going on to win grammys, there could never another winner that hit as big as Underwood and Clarkson. Thus, an era of television has ended, and music seems to have lost world of presence on the small screen.

Source

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
13 seasons overdue.

proxy.php

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
No Osbournes reality ahow? No more American idols? :yes: :yes: :yes:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Still got one more season... I was a fan the first 6 or 7 years because it was relevant but the last 7 years have been terrible. They'll go out with a bang next year for sure.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Whoever wrote that piece needs to be taken out on the street and beaten with a bunch of grammar textbooks. "Its" versus "it's" really isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp, not to mention the handful or so of other errors.
Anyway, I haven't watched the show in years, and mostly when I did watch it was because my exes wanted to see it. Either way, I can kind of see the semi-interesting viewpoint of it basically being the end of an era or whatnot.