Former WWE Writer Talks About Sting Joining WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- Former WWE writer Dave Lagana has written about Sting joining WWE on his IWantWrestling.com blog and reveals Sting almost debuted at WrestleMania years ago. Here's what he wrote:

"Sting at Wrestlemania almost happened nine years ago. Wrestlemania 18 will always be remembered for the memorable Hogan vs. Rock battle in Toronto. That event also featured Triple H winning the undisputed World Title from Chris Jericho and Steve Austin facing NWO Scott Hall (w/Kevin Nash). Sting was approached that year to make his WWE debut and wrestle on the big event. Once he was introduced to the brand, it was pitched that at Wrestlemania 18 Sting would face Kurt Angle. If you remember, Kurt was eventually thrown into a match with Kane with little setup. The deal apparently fell apart as Sting wasn’t willing to work the full WWE schedule. Now nine years later, we might finally get to see Sting in WWE.

I’m the biggest proponent of pushing new talent in high profile positions. I see Wade Barrett as one of the shining stars of WWE in 2010. The table is set very nicely for new talents to be featured in main events of Wrestlemania this year with Alberto Del Rio and Miz. But what is lacking that “big fight dream match†to attracts casual fans. Last year we had Vince McMahon vs. Bret Hart and Undertaker vs. HBK “Streak vs. Careerâ€; previous years featured Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show, and Trump vs. McMahon. Based on the buzz off this simple 45-second video, the fans are voicing their opinion on what they want out of Wrestlemania 27. I don’t have any answers but we will all find out on 2/21/11. Ask yourself – is Sting vs. Undertaker the dream match you want for this year’s Wrestlemania?"
Very interesting as Angle/Sting at that point would have been pretty good to see. Really hope Sting is with WWE now though.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
At this point i think we'd all be disappointed if it was anyone BUT Sting, but i guess its still possible that it may not be.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I would have marked out for Sting at WM18, but I still really enjoyed Kane/Angle as they were damn good

That match and Christian/DDP (Christian's best match in his career as a singles guy at that point) go under appreciated imo

Kylie

Reaction score
But when you have the show built around The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan, the other matches aren't going to be remembered as much.

All this talk about Sting coming to WWE is unfairly getting my hopes up. If he doesn't debut by Mania I'm going to be bitterly disappointed. :(

AF.

Reaction score
I'm kinda getting sick of seeing Stings name pop up. 80% chance he doesn't show up at all, surely we would know concrete proof if he indeed has signed with the WWE right now.

Taker/Sting would be great though.