• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
Former Boxing Champion Wants to Get Into Pro Wrestling - ProWrestling.com

Former Boxing Champion Riddick Bowe mentioned that he would like to get into professional wrestling. Here is what he wrote on Twitter earlier today:

“Looking into get into pro wrestling partners. Contact my manager joemelendez@msn.com if u can help. I want to be first heavyweight boxing champions and heavyweight wrestling champion. I have trained hard with those bumps.â€￾

Bowe is 46 years old, which is a pretty old age to get into the sport.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Good job TNA has just done a round of roster cuts then, this guy will fit right in.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's badly brain damaged, has a history of volatile behaviour and just got into Muay Thai.

Don't think WWE are interested in another Benoit situation and a round of bad PR.

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
I can't see him in the WWE, but I'm sure TNA will take him in an attempt to up their ratings.
Maybe he can face Tito Ortiz in a match.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Don't let this guy anywhere near a wrestling ring.

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
The WWE would only be interested in a big name like Evander Holyfield or even Tyson.
No way they would take this guy.

TNA or maybe ROH might or even some indie circuit might. Maybe his agent should contact the Juggalos over at ICP for a chance.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I forgot he did try his hand in MMA overseas on a real small card. Forgot how he did but I read about it. But yeah... he can stay out. TNA doesn't need anymore of this crap.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't even think ROH would pick this guy up.

Bet he's signed to TNA before the end of the year

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Copied this straight from wikipedia;

Three months after leaving Marine Boot Camp he was accused of battering his sister. Three months after that, in August 1997, Bowe was charged with assault and battery on his wife.Bowe was convicted of the February, 1998, kidnapping of his estranged wife, Judy, and their five children. Thinking it would reconcile his marriage, Bowe went to his wife's Charlotte, North Carolina home and threatened her with a knife, handcuffs, duct tape and pepper spray. He forced her and their children into a vehicle and set out for his Fort Washington, Maryland home. During the kidnapping, Bowe stabbed his wife in the chest. Police captured Bowe in South Hill, Virginia, freeing his family. Bowe was charged with kidnapping, but agreed to a plea bargain of guilty to 'interstate domestic violence', and sentenced to 18-24 months in prison. Despite the agreed sentence, on February 29, 2000, the judge sentenced Bowe to only 30 days, due to brain damage as claimed by Bowe's defense. Tapes of Bowe talking before and after his brutal fights with Golota showed a man with very slurred speech. This sentence, counter to the plea agreement, was later overturned and Bowe served 17 months in federal prison.
On February 8, 2001, Bowe was arrested in Long Island after a domestic dispute with his new wife. Bowe allegedly dragged his wife and left her with cuts on her knees and elbows.

Yeah I don't think anyone should touch this guy with a 100 foot pole. Kidnaps his wife and kids and stabs his wife in the process. Not the kind of guy that any company should want to associate with since he has some serious anger and mental issues.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Copied this straight from wikipedia;

Yeah I don't think anyone should touch this guy with a 100 foot pole. Kidnaps his wife and kids and stabs his wife in the process. Not the kind of guy that any company should want to associate with since he has some serious anger and mental issues.

uh....holy shit this guy has problems.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Probably fit right in as a boxer :adr:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Last time he was in a ring at any high profile event was back in 97. Guy used the Benoit brain damage defense to only serve a few months for kidnapping. Johnnie Cochrane lol.

Anywho, kind of shocking he isn't just going for the freakshow fights in Japan, but I guess Japanese MMA really is dead. Know ONE FC is doing big things, but don't want freakshow fights fucking things up FEG did.