First defense?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
With Elgin luckily going to be gone for ninety days at least who would you like to see Jay defend against first? Ciampa comes to mind, but with his current storyline I don't see it happening yet. Plus, I'd rather Ciampa be the guy to dethrone him. AJ could be probable after his win at ASE 6, and it would make for a good match. Mark facing off against Jay in a little friendly competition would also be nice.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
To be cheeky: Whoever wins the Honor Rumble that same night.

But in serious: AJ is all but penciled in for Final Battle (where I see him winning it).

Wasn't that high on Mark vs Jay last time Jay held the belt. Throw one of the Decade at him, Strong puts out quality matches on the regular. Sydal is coming back as well so give him a shot.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
You know, if they're not going to give AJ the belt due to occasional dates or whatever, I think Briscoe going over AJ would be pretty awesome. But I wouldn't throw that in as a first title feud. I guess Mark or Strong are acceptable choices. Maybe Bennett could get a shot and that would cause some conflict with Cole, idk.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
AJ is taking the belt imo. It's all set up and it is the perfect story. The returning hero who has never held the big one finally chasing it. Plus there's next to no way AJ walks out of wrestle kingdom with the iwgp strap. So putting the ROH belt on him and allowing it to be defended semi-regularly in New Japan will only boost the status of the belt and of ROH.