• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fifa 16 to feature women for first time

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
International women's teams will feature in football video game Fifa 2016 for the first time in its history.

England captain Steph Houghton and her team-mates have been included with 11 other women's sides for play in one of several game modes.

Until now only men's teams have featured on the popular EA Sports game which was first released in 1993.

"To be one of the first female players included is something we'll always be able to look back on," said Houghton.

"Hopefully it will help raise the profile of the women's game even further," added the 27-year-old Manchester City defender. Houghton will lead her country to the summer World Cup, beginning on 6 June in Canada, with England to meet Colombia, France and Mexico in their group.

But will Fifa-16 designers give the England players the skills in a virtual reality setting that they showcase in real life? Will Houghton be rated as a good technically on a computer game as she hopes?

"Quite a few of us in the team play Fifa so I'm sure there will be a bit of banter about our ratings. I'm looking forward to scoring as myself for the first time," she added.
BBC Sport

As someone who has always been a big Fifa player and fan I am quite looking forward to this and it's good to see them making changes for once.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
This is an awesome development, kudos to EA for stepping up on this & not just creating a second game for them.