Favorite Survivor Series Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just like we did with Hell in a Cell I'm here again with a thread to talk about your favorite Survivor Series Match(if you want to also toss in your favorite match from the PPV feel free to)

The Classic Survivor Series Match is one of the reasons Survivor Series was so great, to some it's the only reason the PPV is or was great so this thread is to talk about what one is your favorite.

Mine might not be one many like but hey I'm always going a different way then most. I'll have to pick Team Orton vs Team Triple H from 2004, I loved this match and plan on watching it again sometime soon.

Anyone else got a match they'd love to share?

Fanged Fury

I really liked the Sable and Edge vs Jacqueline and Marc Mero tag match, which was also Edge's debut I believe.

I also enjoyed Team WWF vs Team Alliance. This was one of the better matches in Survivor Series.

My third favorite tied for first would be the Team Raw vs Team Smackdown 2005.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
Honestly, I always thought the 2003 Team Austin v Team Bischoff match was good. I think it had a good build and I think really was a shock to me at the time (before I was into the wrestling forums) that Steve Austin's team would actually lose.

The Alliance v. WWF SS match was good too for the simple fact that it ended that dreadful storyline. Lol

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Quite honestly, it doesn't get any bigger than Survivor Series 2001. Team WWF vs. The Alliance: Winner Takes All! One way or another two companies would die and one would be the sole survivor. It's the end of the legendary Titan-Turner rivalry that drove wrestling to new heights. WCW ceased to be that night and wrestling has never been the same. WWF wasn't even the same after that.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Call me old all you want but the first few actual PPVs were my favorite and if memory serves me correctly we had the SS of Hogan vs Savage after the Mega Powers broke up.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Loved the main event of the very first Survivor Series. It doesn't seem like a workrate classic on paper (and it really wasn't either), but the heat was OFF THE CHARTS. Look at this matchup...

André the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed and Rick Rude vs. Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera and Bam Bam Bigelow

and tell me that wouldn't kick major ass in 1987.

The 10-man tag match from Survivor Series 1988 was excellent as well, and featured two great stories in Demolition and the Powers of Pain doing the double turn as well as the underdog Conquistadors fighting valiantly until the end.

Then we've got three years in a row for Bret Hart putting on awesome matches. At the 1994 edition he had a fantastic one with Bob Backlund that was made even better by Owen's antics on the outside. Then he busted out a killer match with Diesel at the 1995 show and a classic with Steve Austin in 1996.

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
It's not necessarily the best one, but it was the first Survivor Series I saw because we had it taped by one of my dad's friends. It was Survivor Series 1994 with The Teamsters (HBK, Diesel, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart and Jeff Jarrett) vs. The Bad Guys (Razor, 1-2-3 Kid, Fatu, Sione, and British Bulldog). I was always a huge HBK and Diesel fan so to see them break up was huge for me. Plus, I hated seeing Shawn lose any match so I was livid haha.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I really loved Team Raw vs Team Smackdown in 2005. Thought it was a fantastic contest and some awesome eliminations in that match.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Team Mysterio vs. Team Del Rio from 2010 was really fun, and like Poser I loved the Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff match from 2003.

Reaction score
I really liked the Sable and Edge vs Jacqueline and Marc Mero tag match, which was also Edge's debut I believe.

That was Summerslam, not Survivor Series. Sable did defeat Jacqueline at that year's Survivor Series though.

For me, you can't get any better than the 1988's tag team elimination match. You had some killer workrate stuff from the Brainbusters and The Rockers, the big angle with the Powers of Pain and Demolition, and even a big hope spot with Los Conquistadores.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Team WWF vs Team Alliance is one that sticks out for me because this was before I read internet reports and such, so at the time I was honestly worried that WWF would be no more if The Alliance won (even though I loved WCW too). I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Team WWF won lol.

Other classic SS matches I have enjoyed was Team Orton vs Team HHH in 04, and the Smackdown vs Raw team in 2005.

I also really liked the whole 1998 Survivor Series PPV, especially with the ending of The Rock becoming The Corporate Champion. At the time I couldn't believe what I was seeing, so it was pretty shocking to me.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Team WWF vs Team Alliance is one that sticks out for me because this was before I read internet reports and such, so at the time I was honestly worried that WWF would be no more if The Alliance won (even though I loved WCW too). I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Team WWF won lol.

Other classic SS matches I have enjoyed was Team Orton vs Team HHH in 04, and the Smackdown vs Raw team in 2005.

I also really liked the whole 1998 Survivor Series PPV, especially with the ending of The Rock becoming The Corporate Champion. At the time I couldn't believe what I was seeing, so it was pretty shocking to me.
I was going to say this man knows what's up until I saw you were a WWF man. Team Alliance all the way! WCW and ECW kick ass!

The Viper

Reaction score
I was going to say this man knows what's up until I saw you were a WWF man. Team Alliance all the way! WCW and ECW kick ass!

Mick Foley was speaking the truth at ONS 2006, "LONG LIVE THE ALLIANCE!! LONG LIVE THE ALLIANCE!!!"

I'd definitely say that match as well. Can always go back and watch that match and still mark at the finish.

Another one I love is Team Bischoff vs. Team Austin from 2003. Every single time I watch it, Batista costing Austin the match and his "job" still upsets me. I love it. Also, the HHH/Orton team match from 2004 is also an excellent shout. I remember LOVING that finish.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Team Austin vs team Bischoff. Great match with huge stakes.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

heh, back then I was torn because I loved WCW and WWF, and Austin being with The Alliance didn't make it any easier for me at the time since Austin was my favorite then. Never really watched a lot of ECW unfortunately, but I did like a few guys from there as well such as Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, Tajiri, and Tazz.