Family Guy's Seth MacFarlane: 'The new Flintstones will be like The Simpsons ...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
Family Guy's Seth MacFarlane: 'The new Flintstones will be like The Simpsons in the mid-1990s'

FlintstonesGb170511.jpg

Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane has said that his remake of The Flintstones will be similar in tone to The Simpsons of the mid-1990s.

Speaking at the South by Southwest event A Conversation With Seth MacFarlane, he said the cartoon will be kept "more or less the same", but that the cultural references will be updated. The AV Club reports that MacFarlane said:

We're kind of shooting for the level of edge in mid-'90s Simpsons—you're not going to see abortion jokes.

He added: "We're trying to, essentially, stay true to what that show is. There's something cool to me about, in 2013, turning on your TV and seeing The Flintstones and having it look like The Flintstones... We kinda want to keep it, more or less, the same. The stories that we tell will be a little more current."

The pilot for the new show is still being written. MacFarlane later spoke to the Huffington Post about the new series of the show, saying: "It's like being handed the keys to a very old expensive car. You want to be careful not to be Ferris Bueller with it."

nme

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
Was wondering what kind of show this would be. Just I doubt it will be Simpsons funny because Family Guy isnt funny anymore.

Swinny

Reaction score
Was wondering what kind of show this would be. Just I doubt it will be Simpsons funny because Family Guy isnt funny anymore.

It's funnier than the Simpsons is right now. :tongue1:

I was kind of hoping they'd go completely over-the-top with Family Guy humor, just because it'd be ridiculous, lol, but this sort of thing makes more sense.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Simpsons never did much for me...cept for Ralph Wiggums

this could be interesting... but new voices will throw it off for me

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm sure MacFarlane can do a good Fred & Barney impression. I was worried he was going to say it would be like Family Guy, that would be terrible... sounds good to me now though!

Swinny

Reaction score
I'm sure MacFarlane can do a good Fred & Barney impression. I was worried he was going to say it would be like Family Guy, that would be terrible... sounds good to me now though!

Yeah, he's done them on Family Guy before and they sound pretty good.

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
Well yea it's funnier than Simpsons now. Yea was wondering if it would be adult or kids. Yea Seth's done Flintstones voices before.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well this is good, I'd not care either way of it was Family Guy like or not since I like Family Guy but being like The Simpsons and not changing much how Flintstones was is a good thing to me also. I can't wait too see it cause Seth's shows are some of my favorite on tv.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Since the Flintstones was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, I don't have much hope for this. I would prefer they just played reruns.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk