Entourage script "almost done"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Deadline reports that one year after HBO's Entourage ended an eighth and final season (which ended with Ari Gold as a studio mogul), creator Doug Ellin is almost finished with a script for a movie. He says he's on pay 110 of the screenplay.

He said: "[I'm] gonna finish by Sunday (I pray)."

He added that no one wants to see the movie more than WME packaging agent Ari Emanuel (the basis for Gold) and executive producers Mark Wahlberg and Steven Levinson. Ellin says that Wahlberg keeps promising "to kill me if I don't write faster. Every time I see him, Mark says, ‘I've made 5 movies this year. Get going!"

Ellin said he needed time off after spending "10 years of my life" on the show, which premiered in 2004. Meanwhile, Ellin still has a deal at HBO and is developing shows for the network. He finished a comedy pilot with Ed Burns that wasn't picked up, Ellin and producing partner Jim Lefkowitz also developed the boxing drama Da Brick with Spike Lee, Mike Tyson and John Ridley. When he finally began writing the Entourage script, he said he had "renewed momentum".

The script starts six months after the show is over. He added: "There are interesting developments about Ari as a studio head, and that's still the first page for me. But foremost is the friendship between the guys who are still hanging out and going to fun parties, and it continues with the same characters."

He has remained in contact with all of the cast, including Jeremy Piven ("Ari"), Adrian Grenier ("Vince"), Kevin Dillon ("Drama"), Kevin Connolly ("E") and Jerry Ferrara (Turtle"). Connolly and Ferrara are two of Ellin's closest friends. The cast has been working elsewhere while HBO pays Ellin for the script.

HBO execs Richard Plepler and Michael Lombardo have said they only heard "a very general pitch" and need to read the completed script and make deals with the cast before moving forward. Ellin said: "I'm excited. I feel a lot of positive energy. Everywhere I go, people ask me, ‘Where's the movie?'"

The film will continue to make fun of Hollywood as the show did. Fans want an R-rated movie with women, nudity and cameos from Hollywood stars, as well as a decent story and character development. Ellin says all of that is in the movie.

411mania

Big fan of the TV series (although haven't gotten around to the last two seasons yet) so understandably excited for this. More Ari Gold is good for the soul.

Castiel

Reaction score
YES! I loved the show, I need the movie.

As for the last 2 seasons... not the best but good enough. Sasha Grey kinda ruined things in season 7. My favorite part of season 7 was probably this and I'm not even an Eminem fan!

[video=youtube;Aya9EHZ4dUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aya9EHZ4dUM[/video]

Vincent Chase

Reaction score
As you can tell by my name, it's clearly my favourite show of all time. I'm over the moon about the movie and I can't wait for it. That Eminem scene was awesome, I kind of liked the whole drug addiction phase though, it was different and Sasha was hot as hell.

Castiel

Reaction score
I liked that they done something different seeing Vinnie at his worst, like how I liked how Median failed so badly and him rebuilding his career (I was watching those episodes last night actually) but Sasha annoyed me. Also, I'll disagree on the hot thing.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Well it's been over a year now since the last update, let's see what the hold up is!

It appears that the Entourage movie isn't being held up by Jerry Ferrara. After Mark Wahlberg said earlier this week that the film version of the HBO series is being held up because the cast is "being greedy," Ferrara--who played Turtle on the show--told TMZ that he doesn't care how much he got paid and noted, "I'd do it for free."

Meanwhile, Adrian Grenier said on his Instagram account:

To all Entourage fans. I owe it to you to make a couple things clear. I take my role as Vince on the show & off very seriously. All decisions I make personally & for business are for the principle of friendship and brotherhood. It has, & never will be about the money for me. I promise. I will always stand up for the boys (that includes you) & do what I can to make sure they are treated fairly, and not be taken advantage of by anybody. The spirit of Entourage is about sharing the opportunities given to us and I will sign any deal that gives ALL the boys an opportunity to share in the upside of success EQUALLY. I assure you, despite the perception, there is no greed in my heart. Remember, it will all work out in the end. It always does.

Whether that means that he's holding up the film because someone is getting paid unfairly more than everyone else or not isn't clear. Jeremy Piven and Kevin Connelly have reportedly already signed deals for the film.

411mania

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Now that's a truly tight nit crew.

As a huge fan of Entourage myself (a lot of my friends say I remind them of Eric). I sincerely hope this comes out sooner than later.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Officially happening!

The Entourage movie is officially a go. As you may recall, the film had a flurry of activity recently when Mark Wahlberg said the film was held up by "the boys being greedy," after which is was revealed that Adrien Grenier and Jerry Ferrera were trying to get more equity in pay for the whole of the cast. Now, creator Doug Ellin has confirmed the film, posting on Facebook:

BXtKDotCUAA0P3X.jpg

Doug Ellin ✔ @mrdougellin
It's a go. love you all.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm pumped. Love the unity of the boys even off screen and can't to see them back in action!