Emma Roberts Signs On For Heist Film Empire State

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
emma_roberts_29924.jpg

Emma Roberts is in a very important part of her career right now. After years of working as a child actress she is at a point where she needs to show that she can take adult characters and make them actually seem like adults. To do so it looks like she's going to go the Blake Lively route, playing a lead female role in a heist film set in a major Northeastern city.

Roberts has signed on for a part in Empire State, the new film from director Dito Montiel, according to Variety. The project is already set to star Liam Hemsworth as one of two childhoods friends who plan a job to rob an armored car depository. Dwayne Johnson is also attached to star as the NYPD detective hunting them down (think Jon Hamm's character in The Town). Roberts will play a waitress who may or may not be a love interest for Hemsworth's character. The story is actually based on a true story that occurred in 1982.The script was written by Adam Mazer, who previously wrote the 2007 thriller Breach as well as the made-for-TV-movie You Don't Know Jack with Al Pacino. Montiel most recently made The Son of No One, which premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and hit theaters last fall. Though the hunt is still on for the second lead actor, production is currently scheduled to begin this spring.

Roberts most recently completed work on the dramedy Celeste and Jesse Forever and is currently in production on Adult World, a coming of age drama starring John Cusack, Shannon Woodward, and Evan Peters.

cinemablend

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Looks like I'll be seeing this film. Great news for Roberts, sounds like a film she might be able to sink her teeth into.

Swinny

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be seeing this film. Great news for Roberts, sounds like a film she might be able to sink her teeth into.

Agreed. Looking forward to this and seeing what she can do in this type of movie.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Well there is a shocker. The movie kind of sounds shitty though so I probably will just watch The Town instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk