Donnie Darko

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I remember this movie well in 2003. My friend Matt had a projector, and we watched it on the screen. It was great. I was so emotionally moved by the movie that I vowed I would never watch it again lest the emotions I felt while watching it would be diminished.

I am so happy I changed my mind. I bought the director's cut and it became so much more. I mean, it's nearly impossible to understand the movie when you watch the theatrical version. But the director's cut puts together a complex and compelling story that makes me GLAD I watched it again.

And everyone should appreciate how deep I think this movie is because I did not think about Jake Gyllenhal's ass even once in the movie. And much like Billy Gunn:

Reactions: Crash

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I watched it 3 times. The first time I had no idea what happened. The second time which was right after the first time, I was still confused. The third time was a few days after and I still didn't completely understand it. LOL I don't think I watched the director's cut.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Watch the director's cut if you liked the movie. they cut a lot out in the theatrical version which is probably why the movie failed. You didn't get the scenes and pages from The Philosophy of Time Travel, which is essential in explaining the movie. When I watched it like two months ago, it blew my mind even MORE than the theatrical version. Everything is connected through the pages of that book.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

This helped me understand the movie a little bit more.

Crash

Reaction score
Yeah this is a tough one to get into, I saw it once some time ago and didn't really understood it.

Reactions: Death Walker

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Watch the director's cut if you liked the movie. they cut a lot out in the theatrical version which is probably why the movie failed. You didn't get the scenes and pages from The Philosophy of Time Travel, which is essential in explaining the movie. When I watched it like two months ago, it blew my mind even MORE than the theatrical version. Everything is connected through the pages of that book.
I loved the movie. I will watch this version in the near future.

Reactions: Jacob Fox