• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MTK36

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
zMIREmq

A/N: This is another thread I carried over from WC, and another one where I got stuck on after a few posts.
The Background is simple: this promotion is meant to be the "third party" in the North American Wrestling Race.
Hope you all enjoy!

What is Dominion Wrestling?
Founded in June 2021, Dominion Wrestling was formed for one purpose: to bring wrestling back to the fans.
Every single person involved in this company has experience in either pro wrestling or other fields of combat sports.
Their goal is to present a wrestling product that fans will love. Although it won't be perfect, insiders say it will be "no-holds barred" and "the lines between kayfabe and reality won't be as crossed as we think, but there will be times when that is the case."

Who is the owner?
Let's just say he's a certain "Best in the World"......

Where is the home base?
It is said to be located in the Midwestern United States

Do they have a TV deal?
Yes, every Thursdays on ESPN and ESPN2, beginning in October

Are they in contact with certain wrestlers?
Yes, they will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Executives:
CEO: Phil "CM Punk" Brooks
Head Trainer: To be revealed soon

Staff:
Ring Announcer: TBA
Announcers: Mauro Ranallo and Daniel Cormier
Backstage Correspondents: To be revealed soon

Roster:

Austin Gunn
Bandido
Billy Gunn (also trainer)
Colten Gunn
Epico Colon
James Storm
Kylie Rae
Primo Colon
Tommy End

Championships:
Dominion World Heavyweight Championship
Dominion World Television Championship
Dominion World Tag Team Championship
Dominion World Women's Championship
Dominion Women's Tag Team Championship

Last edited:
Reactions: Death By Looch

MTK36

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
zMIREmq
Dominion Wrestling: Before the Advent
Chapter 1: The Leader, Revealed

A cloaked figure walks into an empty warehouse, his back turned to the camera.

(Distorted voice) Hello wrestling fans. You know me very well. You know me for being the best in the world at what I do. You know me for having the longest world championship reign in the past decade.

A decade ago, I spoke the truth about WWE falling to pieces, and nobody believed me.

Well, seeing as what I said about them is exactly what is happening before our eyes, you better start.

(reports and news articles of WWE's poor decisions show up rapidly)

Times have changed.

Wrestling fans are incredibly hard to please these days, no matter what wrestlers do.

They all seek to be the one promotion that becomes the new alternative to the status quo.

However, what we have here is different.

What we have here is passion, what we have here is freedom, and what we have is the testicular fortitude to thrive in this new wrestling world.

What we are going to be is much more different from what other promotions aspire to be.

For I am the CEO of Dominion Wrestling, the leader of the new blood of professional wrestling...

The figure takes his cloak off, and looks at the camera to reveal:

1665211384992.png

AND MY NAME IS

C.

M.
PUN
K!

It is time.....to enter.....the Dominion.

Chapter 1.5: Gather Around Kids, and Let Me Tell You How Everyone Came to Be

Who would have thought it? CM Punk leading a wrestling promotion! Scratch that off your "events that happened in the year 2021 in the world of pro wrestling" bingo card!

Missed by WWE fans who are watching the product they love gradually decline in quality, the once and forever Phil Brooks is wasting no time in forming his own wrestling promotion to combat not only them, but All Elite Wrestling as well..

In a recent interview, Punk discussed that he had offers to wrestle from both WWE and AEW, but he considered that there was a "point of no return" with the former and he did not like the direction that the latter was offering. He eventually decided to form his own company instead, seeing that he wanted to take a risk to ensure that wrestling fans still missed him after all this time.

He also said that the success or failure of this promotion does not matter to him for now, so as long as the fans are happy and are given a product that they can constructively critique without being ostracized by the rest of the wrestling community.

Following that original promo, three questions arose from this stunning development, and with it, quite a few answers as well:

Will this promotion be financially sustainable from the get go?

(We know that as a wrestler embarking on a business venture for the first time, Punk needs all the help he can get. Rumors are flying that another person said to be the "best in the world at what he does" is set to join him on this venture (Hint: It's not Chris Jericho or Shane McMahon). In terms of finding sources for financing, some businessmen from the Chicago area are chomping at the bit to contribute funds, although names were not revealed.)

Who has Punk gotten to join him in the executive branch?

(This is related to the previous question, although this will focus more on producers, road agents, and the head booker. He has been in talks with various wrestling personalities, especially some from WWE, but no deals have been confirmed yet as of this moment)

More importantly, how many wrestlers are going to join?

(Although most free agents are currently in talks with AEW, there are still some intriguing names left on the open market. It's going to be very interesting to see who will sign on the dotted line. There are also rumors of a "roster cap" and a "salary cap" to avoid the prospective roster being too bloated)

For as intriguing these rumors are, the absolute and verified truth behind them will be revealed in time.
Speaking of answers, it was announced that the first batch of wrestlers who agreed contracts with the upstart promotion will be revealed on June 9th.

Stay tuned for more!

MTK36

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
zMIREmq
Dominion Wrestling: Before the Advent
Chapter 2: Time to Open the Dominion

With the announcement that CM Punk was starting his own wrestling promotion, fans could not wait. Even though AEW was only around a year and a half old, any competition to WWE was seen as welcome, especially given that some wrestling fans have soured over the sports-entertainment giant in recent years.

After a quick pit stop to iron out some legal differences with New Japan Pro Wrestling (since they currently use the Dominion name for one of their major shows, which could lead to a lot of confusion once the promotion starts up), it was time to hit the ground running.

DOMINION WRESTLING ANNOUNCES DATE FOR INAUGURAL SHOW, FIRST SIGNINGS

In a press conference earlier today, Dominion Wrestling CEO CM Punk has announced that the first show for Dominion Wrestling will take place on October 8, live on ESPN from the NOW Arena in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. He also announced that on that opening show, there will be a 32-man tournament to crown the promotion's inaugural World Heavyweight Champion.

Following that announcement, Punk began to add: "That was the first of many announcements today, but here's someone who ALSO has something to say":

VIDEO PACKAGE

A dark room is being lit by candles. Inside the room is a man sitting cross-legged with a pentagram drawn underneath him, and various occult symbols scattered around him on the floor and painted on the wall either side of him.

NO MAN IS EVER TRULY GOOD!

One by one, the candles are blown away, sending the room into total darkness.

NO MAN IS EVER TRULY EVIL!

As soon as the last candle is blown, the room lights up again, this time by a light hanging overhead.

I DO THE THINGS YOU NEVER COULD

AND WE WON'T EVER BE EQUAL!

The man stands up, with a distinct mark in his left eye, and looks into the camera and says: "Darkness will fall on this new dominion."

As he leaves, the camera zooms out, then zooms back in on the wall behind him with the words

FADE
TO
BLACK

written on it.

ON OCTOBER 8,

TOMMY END WILL ENTER THE DOMINION

END OF VIDEO PACKAGE

Chapter 2.5: I Present You, More Recruits To Battle!

With the signing of Tommy End, CM Punk showed that he had as much pull as many of the top executives in the wrestling business.

But Punk was not done. Only minutes after the announcement of the recently-released WWE superstar as the first of many signings to the upstart promotion, he was ready to announce the rest of the so-called "first wave".

They were not given as much fanfare, but served as an indication that they were taking their time and building up the roster first, and saving the major signings for later.

These included some names we're quite familiar with as wrestling fans, starting with Billy Gunn. He opted out of his contract with AEW to join Dominion Wrestling, where he will serve as an active wrestler and also as a producer. His sons Austin and Colten Gunn will also join.

Punk says that he wants to build a "healthy wrestling culture" built around the passion that wrestlers have doing what they love and not their own personal egos. He also indicated that Gunn was someone he wanted to bring into because he has seen his sons grow as wrestlers while in AEW and he wanted them to continue their success under the new promotion.

For the honor of Dominion Wrestling's first ever female signing, it was given to Kylie Rae. Having recently made her return to wrestling, she is expected to be joined by more experienced names in the division.

Speaking of experienced names, James Storm announced via video screen that he will also join the upstart promotion.

He will also be joined by Mexican sensation Bandido and the tag team of brothers Primo and Epico Colon.

The promotion also announced the signing of Mauro Ranallo and Daniel Cormier as the show's lead announce team.

Punk also told reporters that his wife and former wrestler AJ Lee will join the company at some point, although he did not disclose when, it is highly likely she will take up a backstage role. He also announced that he has been in contact with "virtually every wrestler, whether contracted to another promotion or not, wanting to make an impact", alluding to another set of signings to be made in the lead up to the debut show.

Lastly, he announced the launch of the company's official website called DominionWrestling.com. He ended the press conference by telling the reporters in attendance that "You haven't seen anything yet.", hinting that there would be more surprises in the immediate future.

With a foundation in place, the next place to go was up.

Given the enormous number of rumors and activity between now and October 8, many a wrestling fan will find these developments interesting to watch.