Declan McMahon, son of Shane, commits to Indiana University football program

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
fps-vobxeae2lxa.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Declan McMahon, the son of Shane McMahon and grandson of WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, has committed to the Indiana University football program.

Declan made the announcement today on social media, while Shane quote tweeted the announcement.

Declan, 18, played running back and quarterback at Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, New York. His Hudl profile lists him at 6 feet tall, weighing 192 pounds. He is set to graduate from Poly Prep as part of the class of 2022. He is the oldest of Shane and Marissa.

While not a football powerhouse, Indiana plays in the tough Big Ten conference. They followed up consecutive bowl game appearances in 2019 and 2020 with a 2-10 record overall and an 0-9 conference record in the 2021 season.

Indiana had one player selected in the 2021 NFL Draft, safety Jamar Johnson. Johnson played in three games for the Denver Broncos during the 2021 season.

Ace

Reaction score
So you know how WWE likes hiring ex-football players... :zayn2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Source: f4wonline.com

While he has no current plans to enter the family business, Declan McMahon isn't ruling out stepping into the ring down the road.

Declan, the son of Shane McMahon and grandson of Vince McMahon, announced on Wednesday night that he's committing to play college football at Indiana University as a preferred walk-on. In an interview with the Bloomington Herald-Times about the decision, Declan was asked about potentially following in his family's footsteps in pro wrestling.

"I've tried it in my house," the 18-year-old Declan said. "I have two younger brothers, so if we're joking around I'll pick them up and throw them on the couch. I'm going in with the mindset that I'll cross that bridge when we get there. So right now no plans yet, but down the road, who knows? If I have to jump off a cage like my father, maybe that's what I'll do."

Declan played high school football at Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, New York. He played running back and quarterback in high school but expects to be a running back in college.

"I think I'm gonna fit in well," Declan said. "I'm a tough-nosed running back and I'm not afraid to bowl a person over."

Declan said he thinks being around WWE has helped him build character.

"As a kid it's been great because you get to look up to guys you look at as super heroes," Declan said. "Then you see them come home and they're banged up. They don't really look like heroes when there you're parents. Just being around everybody, I think it's helped me build my character, just being mature as a young age."

Declan also received offers to play football at Duke, Rutgers, Fordham, and East Carolina.

Shane McMahon tweeted after Declan announced his commitment: "So proud to be Declan’s father. Hard work pays off. Go Hoosiers!"

John Cena also posted a tweet congratulating Declan:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It’s crazy to me that the kid is 18. Time flies and I’m really getting old.

I remember them in the crowd when Shane got speared while going for the Coast 2 Coast at Survivor Series