• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death of Micheal Cole...

John McHenry

John McHenry
King's use by date won't be for another 8 years or death. I kind of shocked Cole hasn't moved on I mean from genuine news reporter to Raw just seems like an unexpected career move and the guy doesn't really seem to like the product (doesn't know moves) Booker could go too I mean he's just bad.

Strike and Matthews could easily step up to fill vacancies but I don't think they have anyone else that could be used as backups of for someone else.

Troy

I am not sure how well Cole and Booker would work though they just seem like complete opposites, I think that Regal would be a better pairing with him. I would even be tempted to bring Matt Striker back on Smackdown to team with Josh Matthews again because I think that they are a good team.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
They are a good team. I honestly like Cole and Booker's back and forths on Smackdown and PPVs, but now that I think about that, it may not be a good team because they really do just make fun of each other. Then Josh is always there to chime in with good announcing, which really balances things out. Yeah, I don't want Booker and Cole now, ahah.

Troy

RIP Heel Cole :(

Probably the only well booked heel of the past 4 years.

If he was a manager I would agree with you but no announcer, not even a heel one, should bury wrestlers that bad. He completely trashed all the faces and the entire Divas division and it hurt the wrestlers and didn't elevate anyone. WWE needed to realise that an announcer burying the wrestlers is a terrible idea as the fans can't take them seriously.

For the best booked heel of the past four years Vickie would have to be up there.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Troy, you don't think that Cole helped Miz and Daniel Bryan get over? He was a major part of their development.

I think the difference is this era where anything can happen that announcers can become larger than life. Maybe, Cole did take it too far at points but wrestling is always evolving. Things like this will take place.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
But the sign of a good heel annoncer is one who can slate the faces while still promoting their talents and not over shadowing them, thats what the likes of Jesse and Heenan had.

Really want to see Booker gone too, he is the pits like King. Only issue I have with Striker is that sometimes his communtry was a bit over the top and a bit too 80s nice guy style.

Troy

Troy, you don't think that Cole helped Miz and Daniel Bryan get over? He was a major part of their development.

I think the difference is this era where anything can happen that announcers can become larger than life. Maybe, Cole did take it too far at points but wrestling is always evolving. Things like this will take place.

I will give you the Miz but Cole was part of the reason why Daniel Bryan failed as a face. Cole buried him week in and week out and it meant that fans couldn't get behind him. WWE had to turn him heel to try to fix the problem that Cole helped cause. I would argue that Bryan got over in spite of Cole trying to ruin him.

The Cork

Banned
They really need to bin Lawler, he drags down the commentary of any show and hasn't said anything relevant for a decade.

Give Raw the 3 man team from Smackdown. Nobody watches Smackdown so just throw Matt Striker and a Taz lookalike behind the desk. Booker and Cole play off each other brilliantly, just like Heyman and J.R back in the day.