Dead2009's Random Wrestling Star Reviews *SPOILERS INSIDE*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
CZW "Down With The Sickness" 2016

Air Date: 9/10/16

Card/Results:
Monsta Mack & Homicide def #TVReady to retain the CZW World Tag Team Championship = 3 stars out of 5
-Homicide subbed for Dan Maff who had car trouble leading up to the show

Tony Deppen def Anthony Henry, Joey Lynch and Ryan Taylor = 2 stars out of 5

Shane Strickland def Dezmond Xavier = 4 stars out of 5

Team IWA Mid-South (Dale Patricks, John Wayne Murdoch, Josh Crane & Reed Bentley) defeat The Nation Of Intoxication (Conor Claxton &Devon Moore) and 2 random guys = 2 stars out of 5

Rickey Shane Page def Sami Callihan = 1 star out of 5

David Starr def Dave Crist in a No DQ Match = 5 stars out of 5

Jonathan Gresham def Greg Excellent, Joe Gacy and Matt Tremont in a Four Way Boards Of Nails Carpet Stripes Pains Of Glass Death Match to win the CZW World Heavyweight Championship = 3 stars out of 5

Joey Janela def Lio Rush in a Ladder Match to win the CZW Wired Television Championship = 3.5 stars out of 5

Overall Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

My Thoughts: I havent watched CZW in forever, ever since they took the world title off Biff Busick and gave it to fucking Sozio of all people, and I was never a fan of the super ultraviolent matches they were having. This card though leaned heavily on the wrestling and left the back end of the card for the super ultraviolence. The match that stood out was the David Starr/Dave Crist match because that was a fun one, even if it lasted a little too long. The World Title was okay, it's definitely different seeing Gresham in an ultraviolent match and commentary made sure to let you know that. The worst match was RSP vs Callihan because I guess this was Callihans return to CZW from WWE and I looked at it like a complete squash, with an apparent injury thing thrown in at the end. With the 8 man tag against IWA....I couldnt remember who the 2 black dudes names were and for some reason Cagematch had it listed as the entire NOI when it was only 2 members. Also someone should tell Joey Janela to never do a ladder spot from the literal ceiling ever again...that looked BAD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
GLCW "Blizzard Brawl" 2022

Air Date: 12/3/22

Card/Results
Vampiro def Tony Gunn to retain the JCW Championship = .5 star out of 5

Mike Curkov def Kevin “Mordecai” Fertig = 2 stars out of 5

Erick Redbeard def Moose = 5 stars out of 5

Leila Grey def Tiffany Nieves to win the vacant GLCW Women's Championship = 3 stars out of 5
-ODB was the special guest referee

TW3 def “The Punk Rock Prince” Jordan Kross, “Myan Mauler” Drew Hernandez, Koda Jacobs and Cash Flo = 3 stars out of 5

“Skullcrusher” Rasche Brown def Jarrod Jaxx = 2 stars out of 5

Backwoods Brown def Gangrel to retain the GLCW World Heavyweight Championship = 3.5 stars out of 5

Team Kal (Kal Herro, Al Snow, D’Lo Brown, Dustin Jackson & Doug Basham) defeated Team EC3 (EC3, Jacob Fatu, Mahabali Shera, “Certified” Luke Kurtis & “Psycho Boy” Fodder) = 4 stars out of 5

Overall Rating: 3 out 5 stars

My Thoughts: This was the first time I've ever heard of Great Lakes Championship Wrestling, but considering the card I needed to check this out. Vampiro, Gangrel AND Mordecai? What could go wrong? Well, a lot actually. I don't know why Vampiro insists on wrestling singles matches in 2022, let alone in 2024. The dude is slow because of injuries and old age, and he looked HORRIBLE. Plus I didn't even think Juggalo Championship Wrestling was still a thing, you almost never hear about it or see it on streaming. Redbeard/Moose was by far one of the best matches of the night, 2 big dudes just having a decent hoss battle and I was entertained. The womens title match, it wasn't explained why ODB gave up the belt, nor why she was even picked to be the referee in the match to begin with. Gangrel losing the world title match was a travesty of justice. But the 10 man was something else. Kal Herro is apparently Al Snow's protege in OVW and he's treated as a big deal on this show. Other than that, I would watch this company again if the card was right, as they can put on a good time.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
MLW "War Chamber" 2024

Air Date: 3/29/24

Card/Results:
Janai Kai def Unagi Sayaka to retain the MLW Women's Featherweight Championship = 3 stars out of 5

AJ Franci$ def Alex Kane = 2 stars out of 5

Mads "Krule" Krugger def Bryan Brock = 1 star out of 5

Bad Dude Tito def Richard Adonis = .5 star out of 5

Matt Riddle def Kosei Fujita to retain the NJPW World Television Championship = 3 stars out of 5

Team MLW (Satoshi Kojima, Shigeo Okumura & The Second Gear Crew) def Team World Titan Federation (Richard Holliday, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Tom Lawlor & Josh Bishop) in a War Chamber Match = 2.5 stars out of 5

Overall Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5

My Thoughts: OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH boy, what a clusterfuck of a PPV this was. Don't get me wrong, MLW is a decent product when they hit, and they're in the shitter when they miss, and tonight was definitely a swing and a miss. From rushed title matches to 3 bad matches in a row before the main event, this was one of the worst events Ive ever seen. The best match by far was probably the opener, with Riddle's title defense being lackluster as all hell, then again with NJPW TV Title rules they only have 15 minutes to get all their shit in. Now....I get this is a show that's built around the War Chamber Match, but why in the hell would you have 2 squash matches that didn't even go 5 minutes back to back? Plus AJ Francis cant wrestle to save his life and that match was a chore to get through as well. Now onto the War Chamber Match itself. This....was not good. I haven't seen any of the previous matches to compare this to, but in the sense of a War Games match overall, this missed the mark. It was tame in comparison, and it felt like your standard hardcore match but with a cage surrounding it. Now there's a 2nd match that's being taped for one of the YT shows (as of this review), and it's Raven's team vs The Calling. That should have been the main event for this show. Oh and CONTRA is back in full force. Woohoo.

Reactions: Chris

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Totally Tool Wrestling "Volume 3" 2006

For all intents and purposes, in this review I'm going to refer to the wrestlers as their gimmick names for this show and not who they actually are, TO PRESERVE KAYFABE, BROTHER. I'll give the link at the bottom if you want to see who they actually were.

Air Date: July 15th, 2006

Card/Results:
Stetson Sterling def Chief Wigwam = -2 stars out of 5
-God was the special guest referee?

G. I. Boz def Not Necessarily Nailz in a Falls Count Somewhere Match = 3 out of 5 stars

The Iron Sheik def Larry Sweeney in an Arm Wrestling Match = 4 out of 5 stars

The New New Rockers def Fake Fake Razor Ramon & Fake Fake Diesel = 2.5 stars out of 5

Izzy High vs. Drake Younger vs. Shane Storm vs. Norman the Mormon vs. Mr. Peebles vs. Scotty Sharpe vs. Nicki Rhinestone vs. Rowdy Roddy Stripper ended in a No Contest = 4.5 out 5 stars
-The match was billed as a Not So Fatal 8 Way Match

Rhino def Zach Gowen and Ed Chuman in a 3 Way Battle Royal = 2 stars out of 5

Ivan Drago def Apollo Creed in a Boxing Match (Round 1) = 0 stars out of 5

Rabbi Rocky Goldstein def Ivan Drago in a Boxing Match (Round 3) = 1 star out of 5

Mark Kayfabe def Father Guido Sarducci to win the TTW Best Wrestler Ever Championship = 1.5 stars out of 5
-God was the special guest referee

Uncle Chester def Mark Kayfabe to win the TTW Best Wrestler Ever Championship = -5 stars out of 5

Overall Rating: 1 star out of 5

My Thoughts: What the hell did I just watch? I wouldn't even call this a wrestling show, it's a comedy show with wrestling bits mixed in. If you dont know what Totally Tool Wrestling is, I don't either. Even though this was all comedy based, this was one of the worst wrestling shows ever...produced? The opening match lasted all of a minute, with "God" being the special guest referee of all choices. We had an 8 man match that turned into a dance contest, which was probably one of the best....matches on the card. The Falls Count Somewhere Match wasnt good whatsoever but it managed to be one of the best things on the card. The battle royal was a singles match because the Chuman dude couldn't walk for anything and he was wrestling "via cell phone". What? The boxing matches, if you could call them that, were horrendous. The first title match had God again, as the special guest referee and "he" was playing between a Babyface and a heel? This TTW only lasted 3 shows, they had one show a year and this was their last one. If you want to go down the rabbit hole of horrible comedic wrestling, as of this writing it's on YouTube. But I probably wouldn't watch it again.

CageMatch link with the wrestlers actual names

Last edited:

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
DEFY Wrestling "Can't Deny It" 2024

Air Date: 4/4/24

Card/Results:
The Bollywood Boyz def Michael Oku & Man Like Dereiss to retain the DEFY Worldwide Tag Team Championship = 3 stars out of 5

CCK (Chris Brookes & Kid Lykos) def Moonlight Express (Mike Bailey & MAO) = 3.5 stars out of 5

Vert Vixen def Trish Adora and Jazmin Allure to retain the DEFY Women's Championship = 2.5 stars out of 5

Schaff wins the BMF Battle Royal to retain the Pacific Northwest Championship = 3 stars out of 5

C4XKC (Cody Chhun, Guillermo Rosas & KC Navarro) def Sovereign (Evan Rivers, Judas Icarus & Travis Williams) and Team Dragon Gate (Ben-K, Ho Ho Lun & Shun Skywalker) = 4 stars out of 5

KENTA def Gringo Loco to retain the DEFY World Championship = 3 stars out of 5

Overall Rating: 3 stars out of 5

My Thoughts: This was the first time watching a DEFY show so I didnt know what I was getting into. There wasn't a bad match on the card other than the women's triple threat which was a botch fest and missing Sawyer Wreck who was advertised. The first 2 tag team matches were good even with Man Like Dereiss' horrible rapping to the ring. Seriously bud, you're not good at rapping, ha. The BMF Battle Royal was good for what a battle royal is, Im shocked that Schaff isn't with a main company by now, he has the look and he's a badass in the ring. The triple threat trios match was by far the best match on the show, Im now a fan of Shun Skywalker, he could be a major heel in TNA/ROH. The main event for the world title was okay, but at times you could tell they were lacking chemistry. I expected it to be more of a banger than it actually was, considering how hyped up Gringo Loco is at times.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
GCW "Josh Barnett's Bloodsport X" 2024

Air Date: 4/4/24

Card/Results:
Victor Benjamin def Akira Way = 2 stars out of 5

Nic Nemeth def "Speedball" Mike Bailey = 3 stars out of 5

Lindsay Snow def Lady Frost = 1 star out of 5

Marina Shafir def Janai Kai = 3 stars out of 5

Charlie Dempsey def Matt Makowski = 4 stars out of 5

Takuya Nomura def Fuminori Abe = 3 stars out of 5

Erik Hammer def Lou Nixon = 1 star out of 5

Minoru Suzuki def Royce Issacs = 4.5 stars out of 5

Timothy Thatcher def Axel Tischer = 4 stars out of 5

Shayna Baszler def Masha Slamovich = 5 stars out of 5

Marina Shafir def Lindsay Snow = 4 stars out of 5

Josh Barnett def Johnny Bloodsport = 3 stars out of 5

Overall Rating: 4 stars out of 5

My Thoughts: This show was everything I expected it to be and more. A lot of these fights from start to finish were bangers, especially the Charlie Dempsey match. That kid needs to do Bloodsport every year if hes allowed. My main gripe is Erik Hammer. I can honestly see why he doesn't do any shows outside of Bloodsport cause he literally popped a dudes shoulder out of its socket. He's bad. Like really bad. They need to do a tournament where they crown a Bloodsport Champion that defends the title only on Bloodsport shows, unless they get signed somewhere then you drop it randomly.

Reactions: Chris