• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Top international talent Davey Boy Smith Jr. is also rumored to be coming in. While not confirmed, it’s believed that the son of The British Bulldog has a good shot at returning to the company in the very near future. The Observer reports that it’s not clear where in WWE Bulldog Jr. would end up, but there was mostly talk a few months ago of putting him on the NXT UK brand, which he has confirmed. With that said, he could end up anywhere in the company.

Smith Jr., along with his mother and sister, are set to induct Davey Boy Sr. into the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania 37 weekend. Smith Jr. has confirmed in multiple interviews that there is interest in a WWE return, from both sides. He spoke with MetroUK earlier this month and commented on the interest, and a possible spot in NXT UK.

“There’s been quite a bit of interest and a little bit of back and forth talk with myself and the company,” he confirmed. “I think that the plan – or what they were hoping – was for me to come to NXT UK. But unfortunately, right now because of COVID, those doors are kind of locked, we’ll see. We’re discussing and talking. I can’t exactly say anything for sure, but there’ve been talks.”
Source

I recall CM Punk saying that WWE messed up by releasing him during a promo in 2011, and he's been proven right, imo. I haven't watch an egregious amount of his post-WWE work, but of the substantial amount I have watched he's look really good. NXT UK is probably the safest place for him to go, continue using the DBS Jr moniker without being dicked around on the main roster.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
It's kinda a joke in a lot of ways - Davey Boy Smith, Jr. leaving decent money in Japan to wrestle on the 5th brand of WWE. Wrestling is fucked.

Reactions: MidnightHustle

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's kinda a joke in a lot of ways - Davey Boy Smith, Jr. leaving decent money in Japan to wrestle on the 5th brand of WWE. Wrestling is fucked.
WWE tends to pad these types of deals. He can go from wrestling hard in Japan for decent money to wrestling a much more relaxed schedule and style with a way of transitioning to a backstage role for the same money, if not more.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
WWE tends to pad these types of deals. He can go from wrestling hard in Japan for decent money to wrestling a much more relaxed schedule and style with a way of transitioning to a backstage role for the same money, if not more.
Yeah, obviously. Especially at the end of a pandemic, and likely not having a lot of revenue coming in at all in 2020, it's easy for WWE to persuade these lost souls. It just sucks.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Also, he was more or less dumped out of NJPW when Lance Archer became a singles wrestler after KES lost at WK in 2019, and most of his revenues in Japan came from being a part of Suzuki-gun. I'd imagine the little bugger asks more than he's worth for these non-NOAH/NJPW shows.

MidnightHustle

Reaction score
His promo skills are far from good. He's an amazing in-ring talent, but if he makes it to the main roster, they'll just feed him to other talent with better mic skills - who can help sell more merchandise. DBS Jr is an intense athlete, but the WWE is a circus. He needs to be in a more competitive environment, rathe than a soap opera.