Daniel Cormier talks making WWE debut at Extreme Rules, Brock Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Daniel Cormier says his deal with WWE for Extreme Rules is a 'one-time thing' but could perhaps lead to something bigger.

Cormier will serve as the special guest referee in the Fight Pit match between Seth Rollins and Matt Riddle at Extreme Rules on Saturday. He spoke to Mark Raimondi recently and was asked about how the deal came together.

"It's crazy, right, because for years we've spoken about this," Cormier said. "How many times have I been at post-fight press conferences going 'I've talked to Triple H, I've talked to these guys'? We never really could find a role that worked but this made sense."

Cormier continued to say Rollins texted him about possibly refereeing his match with Riddle in Philadelphia.

"It wasn't really from the people in charge, it was Seth Rollins who texted me, he goes, 'Hey, real-life fighting in the Fight Pit and we may be in the market for a special guest referee, would you have an interest in it?'"

Cormier continued to say that he put WWE in contact with his agent, who just so happens to also be Becky Lynch's agent.

"I have always wanted to do something with the WWE," Cormier continued. "But it can be intimidating with all the people, the fans, but now my career has now groomed me for this moment."

Cormier was asked about the potential of reaching a longer-term agreement with WWE in the future.

"As of right now, it's a one-time thing," Cormier responded. "We'll see how it goes this weekend and we'll kind of go forward from there."

"Maybe it does lead to something bigger but right now, all eyes are on Extreme Rules."

He would continue to say that he contacted UFC President Dana White and was granted permission to take part in Extreme Rules.

Cormier was also asked about the possibility of facing Brock Lesnar in WWE.

"No, I haven't heard anything about that," Cormier responded.

"It seems to make a lot of sense but, as you know, just because something makes sense doesn't mean that it's going to happen. So, no, there is no talk of me fighting Brock Lesnar."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler