Dana White: Holly Holm needs at least one non title UFC fight before Ronda Rousey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
The most recent signing of former boxing champion Holly Holm has definitely brought some speculation in the UFC Women's Bantamweight division. More importantly it brings some depth in with some fresh contenders and gives current Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey a new challenge to look forward to.

As many including myself speculated, we thought that upon signing Holm would immediately get a title shot. Makes all the sense in the world, she's undefeated in MMA competition at 7-0 with 6 knockouts and on paper she may potentially be Ronda Rousey's biggest stylistic nightmare.

But according to the LA times, Holm will need at least one title fight before challenging Ronda Rousey for the title. The proof - a text message from Dana White himself.

Holly Holm last defeated Juliana Werner by TKO in the 5th round following a head kick with a barrage of punches to win Legacy FC Women's Bantamweight Championship. But she ended up breaking her arm in the first round and will be on the sidelines until further notice.

No fight has been announced for Holly Holm at this time.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited sources: Lance Pugmire (LA Times), Adam Guillen Jr. (MMAmania.com)

---------------------------------------------------------

I can see why, Beth Correira should she defeat Shayna Baszler could make an interesting fight for Rousey having also defeated Jessamyn Duke of the Four Horsewomen.

That doesn't change my mind of her being Rousey's biggest threat however. She has every bit of physical and stylistic trait to give the champ a fit in the cage.