• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
1123-larry-hagman-1.jpg

Actor Larry Hagman -- best known as the conniving J.R. Ewing on "Dallas" -- has died at age 81.

Hagman died in a Dallas hospital at 4:20 pm Friday, due to complications from a recent battle with cancer ... according to local reports.

The actor's family released a statement shortly afterwards, saying "He was surrounded by loved ones when he passed. It was a peaceful passing, just as he had wished for."

Hagman also starred in "I Dream of Jeannie" but was most famous for playing the iconic villain J.R. in the 1980's drama "Dallas" -- and recently reprised the same role on the TNT version

He is survived by his two children.

tmz

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hagman was the best douchebag in tv history he will be missed.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I was just remarking to someone the other day that he looked really old in the new Dallas show, so this isn't a huge shock but still a great loss. I'll always remember Hagman for providing me with some genuinely entertaining moments throughout the original Dallas show and, as Booty said, he was sure one hell of a douchebag. Here's hoping he's sharing a drink with Jock and Miss Ellie right now.

Jay

Reaction score
Hagman will be missed.

JBL released this statement, which I found very awesome.
RIP Larry Hagman, TV's greatest villain.

The character of JBL has often been compared to 'JR Ewing' which is a tremendous compliment. I even did a shoot at the famous Southfork Ranch. I always felt my character was a stock market JR.

Mr McMahon had said before he didn't see it that way and I don't think creative did either. My vision of it was more of a JR character because that was a character I knew well.

I grew up in West Texas when oil first boomed, I remember seeing these guys flaunt their wealth and when I needed a 'bad guy' image, this is what came to mind-there were really many real JRs.

I had wanted to be the character for some time, but the character wasn't needed. Then a whole series of injuries and retirements happened and WWE needed someone almost immediately for Eddie Guerrero. I have written much about my love for my friend Eddie and that this character would have never worked without him.

JR (not my pal Jim Ross I am sure you understand by now) was the perfect heel. No matter what happened right when you started to like him he did something especially evil-never had a redeeming quality.

I was sitting in a fancy gym in NYC one day and a guy walked by with a jacket on with a towel in it-I remember getting furious at this out of touch Wall Street goof. Then it occurred to me, this is what JBL would wear. Add to that the old wrestlers often wore this to the ring and the out of touch JBL would no doubt do something like this. It was pure heat and came from a real life example of some idiot-I figured if it got that much heat with me it would with the fans.

JR wore his hat everywhere because he felt fans wanted to see him in character. I rarely ever signed autographs or broke character-I had been brought up this way in the business (right or wrong). I don't think nowadays it is the same, but when I started our character was what we lived. TV stars often were the same.

A lot of my character came from Ted DiBiase as well, and Alberto Del Rio has a lot of mine. It's what happens in the business, and I must say I am a huge fan of Del Rios. And a big fan of his ring announcer-wow, do I wish I had thought of that.

RIP to a great villain and great actor (who also was a wonderful character in 'I Dream of Genie' Major Tony Nelson, Larry Hagman. Thanks for the inspiration and all the years of entertainment!

Also, all your news at my site www.LayfieldReport.com sign up for free newsletter!!! All your news available in one place also, we have the free LayfieldReport app!

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
R.I.P