Cody Rhodes - Where has this charisma been hiding?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]RUdZJCawSUw[/YOUTUBE]​

This promo from Smackdown this week was outstanding, I didn't think that Cody Rhodes had it in him. This was what Cody Rhodes needed to do to make himself stand out as a singles wrestler and to get out of the shadow of Ted DiBiase. Until now he had done nothing to make him stand out, he was a generic heel, now he has his own persona and gimmick. With his father and brother you would expect him to be very charismatic but he never showed it until now.​

Great heel promo by Cody, he was well spoken and funny during that promo. If he can build on this promo and this persona then he can go far on Smackdown. Throw him in the MITB match at MITB PPV and give him an IC title match soon. Excellent promo and the beginning of a new star in WWE.​

What did you think of the promo? What do you think of his new persona? How far do you think he can go?​

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I like his new persona and the promo was great, shame it has taken him this long to show his charisma because I have a feeling when he was with Orton and Ted, he was the runt of the litter metaphrocily, I am sure he has had the charisma in him it's just being Orton's protoga he couldn't be as charismatic as the main guy. Hopefully he can get a good push and get a few wins over some big guys and maybe we can see him win the middle class titles and then challenging for the big title. I don't want to see him win MITB though because I can if he does it just being a transitional reign and then just been the sort of Chavo guy where he gets beat up all the time. There isn't any need to rush his development as he still is young so we can see him develop his charecter more and get some major heat.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He was always the third wheel with Legacy with Orton the clear leader and Ted the next in line. He needed to sheed that Leagacy gimmick and persona in order to stamp a name for himself and he has started that off with the new Dashing Cody Rhodes gimmick.

He is in the mainevent on Smackdown this week so that is his first big test as a singles wrestler, I haven't seen the match yet but I will have to see it on the weekend just to see how he goes in the big setting. I am sure he will be good but it will be interesting to see how he adapts his ring style to his new persona. He won't win MITB match, I think that it is just good for him to be in that big match with the other big names. He doesn't need to win it but just put in a good performance to enhance his new self. Good point about his age, he is still really young and has plenty of time ahead of him since I see him being like Orton, he wouldn't leave WWE and WWE would never get rid of him.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
Cody is a strange wrestler though, when he is in the ring he just doesn't seem to enjoy it and fully grip his role. It sounds stupid but if you compare him to Orton, when Orton goes for a move, you can see him acting like he is getting mad and when he delevers his move it looks personal but with Rhodes it just looks like in his head he is reading the match script and will not get off that. I hope though with his new gimmick he could just act more in the ring instead of obeying orders. By the end of his carrer I can see him being bigger than Orton if he pushes himself.