Cody Rhodes discusses reaction from Jacksonville fans, AEW, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

While appearing on Busted Open Radio, Rhodes reflected on the reception he received in Jacksonville. Rhodes said he was really proud of how the fans reacted to him on SmackDown. There will always be a connection between Rhodes and the city, especially because Jacksonville is where Rhodes spent the COVID-19 pandemic trying to help get people through hard times with pro wrestling.

Host Dave LaGreca asked Rhodes if he still keeps an eye on AEW.

“I think I’ll always have an eye on it,” Rhodes responded. “Because it’s just not something you can abandon in your mind in a sense of, hey, me, Matt [Jackson], Nick [Jackson], Kenny [Omega], Tony [Khan], Brandi [Rhodes], Bernie [Cahill], Chris [Harrington], Dana [Massie] started this thing, especially if you were in those initial meetings. So I’ll always have an eye for it. I could never just pretend it’s not there anymore.”

In AEW, Rhodes worked as both a wrestler and an executive. He departed the company in 2022 and returned to WWE.

Rhodes told Busted Open Radio that he has a lot of great memories from AEW, and it was a really great season in his life.

“I had said this before, I wouldn’t root against my former company. And I keep eyes on them. And I have a lot of really great memories, really more than anything,” Rhodes said. “Sometimes things are just for a season in your life. That was a season in my life, and it was a really great season.”

Reactions: easypeter

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
While appearing as a guest on Monday’s episode of Busted Open Radio, Rhodes expressed how much he enjoyed having Arn Anderson as his manager in AEW. Rhodes said it’s an element that he missed during his contract signing with Logan Paul on SmackDown last Friday. A “classic wrestling manager” might be something that Rhodes is looking for, but he doesn’t know who that manager would be.

The answer that Rhodes gave was in response to a speech from Busted Open Radio host Mark Henry about how Rhodes should embrace his greatness instead of attributing some of it to luck.

“One of the reasons I liked having Arn Anderson around me was the same reason I would have loved to have my dad around me. Because I’ll tell you I’m lucky, and I’ll tell you how hard I work, and I’ll tell you how grateful I am. And that is true. But it was nice to have a guy over my shoulder say what you just said,” Rhodes said. “Say, ‘We’re not apologizing for greatness. Mediocrity loves company and we’re not joining that company.’ Like — it was nice to have that voice in your ear.

“It was something I actually missed when Logan and I were doing this contract signing, to see him flanked by so many people. I don’t know, maybe I’m looking for the classic wrestling manager to join me on this title reign. And I don’t know who that is or what that is, but it just felt like I wouldn’t mind someone to holler the stuff that you just did.”

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Eh i'd rather he didn't, he wouldn't benefit from it in any shape or form imo.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The issue for me is the lack of available managers.

Heyman and Cody would not work right now. Only way that happens is as a the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing, where Heyman works with Cody until Roman comes back.

Sadly there's no other options in WWE.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Managers are a dying breed and really good managers are hard to come by.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
OH SHIT GLOCK ANDERSON GON COACH CODY AGAIN!?!?!

Reactions: Marty McFourth