Changed WHC Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Rey Mysterio appeared on MyFox Houston this morning to promote this Sunday's WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view at the Toyota Center. He said that the World Heavyweight Championship bout at the event will be a four-way Tables , Ladders, and Chairs Match.

The altered World Heavyweight Championship Match will involve Kane, Edge, Alberto Del Rio, and himself. The change was announced at last night's SmackDown! taping in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Mysterio described the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match to the morning host, saying that tables and chairs are used to harm his opponent, and that the ladder is used to retrieve the World Heavyweight Championship.

-eWrestlingNews

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well the match now will def be better match quality wise as Rey will rip shit up if nothing else. Just wonder why in this case they didn't do this from the go.

SAL

Reaction score
I like this. I felt like they were booking themselves into a corner with both matches by themselves, and combining them will help give them the flexibility to stretch out both feuds to next month if they want. Both of these singles matches felt like feud-enders. It also solves the problem of Edge and Kane trying to work an exciting ladder match by themselves. It might open up another spot on the undercard while they're at it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rey also explained that he can actually work the ladder match now as he is over his inner ear issues according to one report.

Dejay11chris20134

Reaction score
Extremely pleased with the changed. This match will be much more interesting now.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Better match, but in a way, I'm disappointed. I want Del Rio to win but I know there's no chance of that happening, so I can't get any satisfaction out of Kane finally losing the belt. Too bad.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Heck of a lot better for del Rio to lose in a world title match then in just a one on one match with Rey.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
No it's not, a loss is still a loss. Plus, it wasn't a guarantee that he was going to lose to Rey. Likely? Yes, but not a guarantee. It's a definite that he has no chance of winning this match.

And my point was, I can't be happy when Kane loses the title now because they'll put it on the wrong guy. If they had just left them as seperate matches, it would be easy to accept Edge winning because he wouldn't be going over somebody who deserves the belt.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Interesting logic, I personally find that logic funny but interesting none the less.

Jay

Reaction score
This is probably one of the best moves WWE could make at this point for the PPV.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
A four way in this match is so fucking stupid. Make it a one on one, man, not 4 assholes in the ring going for it. I mean, it would have been good if they actually built it up to include these 4 guys but to randomly throw the other two in it a few days before the event is Blue.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It was intended to be a 4 way, but Rey wasn't cleared to work a ladder match because of an inner ear issue. The issue was resolved and then they went back to that match according to Rey.