Chad Mendes fed up with Aldo: "He can't run forever"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Chad Mendes had to be pretty upset with the recent cancellation of UFC 176. He was set to challenge Jose Aldo a second time for the UFC Featherweight Championship before Aldo pulled out the fight citing a foot injury and the card altogether was scrapped.

But apparently according to Mendes, it's a constant pattern that he sees in the Nova Uniao fighter. Or so he told Ariel Helwani on the MMA hour:

Chad Mendes said:
Jose Aldo can’t run from me forever. This fight’s going to happen and I’m going to take the belt from him.

I’m tired of it. This is something he’s been doing for so long. The first time he did the same thing. I ended up taking another fight, I ended up fighting Rani Yahya in the meantime because I didn’t want to be on the shelf for a year. I beat Yahya, I got the title shot. As far as injuries and backing out of fights, it’s irritating and it pissed me off. It’s time everyone sees the real picture here.

Aldo and Mendes last met at UFC 142 in January 2012 where Aldo knocked out Mendes in the first round with a brutal knee. Since then Mendes has been on a tear racking up a 5 fight win streak with 4 of his wins being by way of KO/TKO. Aldo has also defended his title against Frankie Edgar, Chan Sung Jung, and Ricardo Lamas.

No word has been announced as to when a replacement date will happen.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: BJPenn.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think the chirping between these two is fucking silly. Wait til you hear what Aldo says next.