CD Projekt confirms new The Witcher game in development

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Sr9IZ1r.png

CD Projekt Red has announced that it’s working on a brand-new Witcher game, which will “kick off a new saga for the franchise,” and the first new mainstream title in the series since The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was released all the way back in 2015.

The biggest news, however, is that the upcoming Witcher game will see CD Projekt Red switch over from its existing in-house REDengine engine — which the company has used for over a decade — to Unreal Engine 5, as part of a “multi-year strategic partnership” between CDPR and Epic Games.

Despite that partnership, the next Witcher game won’t be exclusive to the Epic Games Stores, and CDPR will continue to use REDengine for some current projects, like the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion, too.

Beyond that, however, CDPR is making a point to note that “no further details — such as a development time frame or release date” are being provided at this time about the new title. Given the length of development times for CD Projekt Red games, it could be some time before we get more information.

Take the infamously long development period for Cyberpunk 2077, which was first announced in 2012, got a teaser trailer in 2013, and was delayed numerous times until it finally debuted in December 2020. And even then, the release was rife with issues and bugs that CD Projekt Red is still ironing out over a full year after release.

We did get one tidbit later on Monday, however: this new game is not “called The Witcher 4,” Radek Grabowski, CDPR’s global PR director, said on Twitter.

Still, news of a new Witcher title is exciting, even if details are particularly slim. The Witcher 3 is still regarded as one of the finest open-world RPGs ever made, and with the franchise riding to new heights of popularity thanks to the ongoing Netflix series (and its spinoffs), it’s easy to see why CDPR would be looking to kick off “a new saga” of Witcher adventures.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Count me in. :garrett It's been a while since The Witcher 3, so I'd be excited to see what they can do on the new consoles. Imagine it'll look pretty beautiful. Very immersive game when I played it.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
If it's half as good as the previous one and it looks as gorgeous as Horizon Forbidden West, I'm all for it.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Sounds great and im sure they learned their lesson n give us a working game unlike the contreversial Cyberpunk release

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Sounds great and im sure they learned their lesson n give us a working game unlike the contreversial Cyberpunk release
I feel like they got too ambitious with Cyberpunk. So many good ideas but just ended up feeling rushed despite all the delays that game got. It still needed time. I think Witcher is much more stripped back, so if they just do it like Witcher 3 it just should be awesome hopefully.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel like they got too ambitious with Cyberpunk. So many good ideas but just ended up feeling rushed despite all the delays that game got. It still needed time. I think Witcher is much more stripped back, so if they just do it like Witcher 3 it just should be awesome hopefully.
Agreed!

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Exactly. I finished the game today. It was pretty fun but nowhere near as huge as they promised.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
The new gen patch for Witcher III is coming on December 14th and it will include new DLC inspired by the Netflix series (armors, weapons, costumes...)

• Love