CBS to adapt Supergirl into show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It has been announced that WB's Supergirl has been given a series commitment by CBS.. the show will be a one hour program essentially like all of the comic book property TV shows have been assigned.. Arrow & Flash executive Producer Greg Berlanti and the New Normal's Adi Adler will write the show and executive produce it with Sarah Schechter..

Supergirl is the cousin of Superman and shares the same powers as her more famous cousin.. She is also from Krypton and has been hiding out on Earth attempting to live a normal life.

456e4354983c8684a23b83a008eb9533.jpeg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/09/19/supergirl-dc-comics-cbs/15882425/

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Looks like they fully intend to back this project.. it seems they have cast the lead for the show already.

73b8679510acf776639a2126e91cf0bf.jpg

Melissa Benoist, best known for her role as Marley Rose on “Glee,” has been cast in the title role of CBS’ pilot “Supergirl.”

Benoist, who also had a feature role in the Academy Award-nominated film Whiplash, beat out several other contenders for the part, including Claire Holt (“The Vampire Diaries”) and Elizabeth Lail (“Once Upon a Time”).

From Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods., “Supergirl” is based on the characters from DC Comics and centers on Kara Zor-El (Benoist), who comes to earth after escaping the destruction of Krypton. After many years hiding her abilities, she joins the ranks of her cousin Superman to become the hero she was meant to be.

The pilot was written by Ali Adler (“No Ordinary Family”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash”). They will also executive produce along with Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros. TV. The show has a series commitment at CBS.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/402189-melissa-benoist-cast-as-supergirl

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Why would I want to watch a cooking show?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Can't wait for the feminist bullshit to run wild here. Empowered woman meets slutty clothes drama.

All my forum cash and username for a month bet the dude is just a gender reversal to most male driven superhero shows....not including Flash, that dude is the only needy bitch on the show.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Supergirl has bad breasts and a flat ass. She gots a 4/10 face. Would rather get plowed by Superman and get with paralyzed Batgirl.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

I will say it doesn't look too great.. but it's definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be from the looks of the trailer.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The pilot episode was really good.. special effects were top notch and there will definitely be plenty of villains to be dealt with because of how they did the story. Acting was just okay, definitely needs a little work and there were definitely some corny moments.. I'm wondering if some of the writers from Lois and Clark are working on this because I got that kind of vibe from it.

6.5-7/10 for the pilot and it should get better

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The pilot episode was really good.. special effects were top notch and there will definitely be plenty of villains to be dealt with because of how they did the story. Acting was just okay, definitely needs a little work and there were definitely some corny moments.. I'm wondering if some of the writers from Lois and Clark are working on this because I got that kind of vibe from it.

6.5-7/10 for the pilot and it should get better

LOL guarantee they edit it and it was a planned leak.. 6 months is so fishy.. not the first time I've seen a pilot get leaked with a lot of time before the show starts and ends up being different when they legit air.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I liked the trailer. It seems like a more lighthearted, whimsical show than Flash & Arrow. A nice change of pace. I'll give it a try at least.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I liked the trailer. It seems like a more lighthearted, whimsical show than Flash & Arrow. A nice change of pace. I'll give it a try at least.
The pilot was pretty awesome, it has the potential to be a top notch series for CBS if put in the right time slot. I have a few issues with it as far as accuracy goes regarding the DEO but other than that if they keep up with what they did in the pilot I'll have no problem watching it all the way through.