CBS Renews 'How I Met Your Mother' For 2 More Seasons

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
CBS said:
Be prepared to not find out who the mother of Ted's kids is for another 2 years. CBS and How I Met Your Mother producer 20th Century Fox Television have closed a deal to pick up the relationship comedy from Carter Bays and Craig Thomas for 2 additional seasons, through May 2013. I think this is the earliest HIMYM has been renewed; the underrated series usually gets the nod just before CBS' annual upfront.

With the show continuing to grow in its sixth season and the future of CBS comedy tentpole Two and a Half Men uncertain, I hear 20th TV got nice coin for HIMYM, almost doubling its current license fee to close to $3.5 million an episode. The cast - Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobbie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan - are all set to return.

HIMYM started off as a cult favorite with great online following but soft ratings. Then something happened in the spring of 2008, right after the show came back from the writers strike. Fueled by a well cast and promoted guest appearance by Brittney Spears, HIMYM took off in the ratings and never looked back. Later that year, 20th TV inked rich syndication deals for the show.

The two-year pickup for HIMYM follows CBS' recent three-year deal for comedy The Big Bang Theory. CBS, of course, also has Two and a Half Men locked in for next season.

I only started watching this show regularly during a flight to Europe last year where I watched a couple of dozen episodes in a row. I like this show and it is one of the few sitcoms that are actually funny. Great news that it has been renewed for two more seasons after season six is finished. It doesn't matter that we have to wait longer to find out who the mother is, the show is strong enough that you don't need to see that and in the end it will be a nice finish.

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Great news. I've seen every episode up until the latest season (not bothered downloading yet) and love it.

Just a shame that the mother thing is going to drag on for more episodes.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What I like about the show is that it doesn't really matter about the mother anymore. Obviously we all want to know who it is but each episode is strong enough and there are enough other stories going on that it is fine we only get the occasional hint every few episodes.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Have seen every episode as this is my favorite show on TV right now, so I like the move. Also with Two and a Half Men's status in the air it makes sense to renew a money maker.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah this show has steady ratings around the 9 million mark and it has actually increased this season so no reason to stop it when it is still going strong.

I haven't seen much of Season 6 yet but will get around to watching it soon enough when it airs in Australia.

Reaction score
I love this show. I only started watching the reruns on TV and got all the seasons for Christmas. I watched them all in 2 days. This is my favorite show to watch.

Just because they renewed it for 2 more seasons, doesn't mean we won't find out who the mom is. They want to stay in the arc for years. The year the story is being told is 2030 I believe. The daughter has to be 17 years old. So we should be finding out soon. Plus Ted is meeting his wife at the wedding where he is the best man. Which will be this season.