Carl Weathers has passed away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
LOS ANGELES — Carl Weathers, the actor best known as Apollo Creed in the “Rocky” movies and more recently for his role in the hit "Star Wars" series "The Mandalorian," died Thursday in his sleep, according to his family.

He was 76.

“We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of Carl Weathers,” according to the family statement. “Carl was an exceptional human being who lived an extraordinary life."

"Through his contributions to film, television, the arts and sports, he has left an indelible mark and is recognized worldwide and across generations," his family said. "He was a beloved brother, father, grandfather, partner, and friend.”

Weathers got his big-screen break in 1976, when he landed the role of Creed in “Rocky,” according to his bio on IMDb. He continued his role in three other “Rocky” movies. Weathers also landed parts in 1987’s "Predator," starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, in Adam Sandler’s "Happy Gilmore" in 1996 and on the small screen in “The Mandalorian.”

Weathers also was the voice for Combat Carl in "Toy Story 4" and other shorts in the beloved Disney-Pixar franchise.

He also earned comedy cred by playing a bizarro version of himself in the cult sitcom "Arrested Development." Other TV acting credits include "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Magnum P.I." and "Chicago P.D."

Before his decades'-long acting career took off, Weathers saw success on the gridiron. He played collegiately at San Diego State University and then played professionally for the Oakland Raiders. He retired from the sport in 1974 to seriously pursue acting, according to his biography.

Source: MSN

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Saw this on Twitter earlier and it bummed me out.

RIP Apollo

• Sad
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ