Canelo Alvarez released from Golden Boy and DAZN contracts, officially a free agent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
BloodyElbow said:
Canelo8.jpg

One of boxing’s biggest stars is now a free agent.

ESPN reporters that four-division world champion Canelo Alvarez has been released from his contract with Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN, which puts an unceremonious end to his lucrative $365 million deal with the streaming service after just three fights. It’s also a hammer blow for Golden Boy, which has relied heavily on Alvarez for their bottom line.

Eddy Reynoso, Canelo’s trainer and manager, released this statement prior to the ESPN report indicating that the Mexican superstar officially entered free agency.

“In my role as manager and coach of Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, I allow myself to communicate to the boxing community and to all our fans that starting today, November 6th, Canelo becomes a free agent, so we are ready to continue with his boxing career,” Reynoso wrote.

I'm not too sure of the reason for this personally.

People are saying that he wanted out because he wanted fights that they wouldn't agree to which kept stalling agreements.

Whoever manages to pick him up, as long as they are willing to give him what he wants is in for a big payday.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
RIP Golden boy.

Go to Mayweather....he could get Canelo close to his Showtime deal.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean he is Golden Boy and to me the P4P best Boxer in the World right now even though I thought GGG beat him twice still facts are facts right now. Pacman went to Mayweather so why not another former opponent of Floyd's wanting to make that high dollar for future fights. Del La Hoya out here doing drugs letting this guy walk and not give him what he wants.