Call Of Duty 2024 Will Reportedly Be Black Ops

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o

2024's Call of Duty game will reportedly be the next game in the Black Ops series, and will once again be set against historical real-world events. This time, the series appears primed to visit more recent history with the Gulf War of the early 1990s, as was previously rumored.

Windows Central reports that this entry will be developed by Treyarch as expected, and is being referred to internally by code names, which may indicate that the title hasn't been finalized yet, but by number, this would be Black Ops 6. It will revolve around shadowy government operations by the CIA on behalf of the coalition of US-led forces against Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

As this one would take place during relatively recent history, you would be using real-world technology from the conflict, as opposed to near-future tech. It may also address the end of the Cold War, as the series has become known for a paranoid-thriller style of alternate history retellings. It may also feature returning Black Ops maps and the return of Zombies mode, according to the report. We recently saw purportedly leaked images from the next Treyarch Call of Duty game.

Treyarch's last game was Black Ops: Cold War in 2020, which would make a 2024 release an unusually long development time for the Call of Duty series. That would be a stark contrast to Modern Warfare 3, which was reportedly produced extremely quickly--which may have led to some notably negative feedback. The report also notes that Activision could not only again offer early access for the campaign as a preorder bonus, but weeks of early access for other modes.

This would also be the second Call of Duty game released under Microsoft, as the historically large acquisition of Activision Blizzard was finalized just before this year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 released. But despite owning the series now, the series won't be going exclusive to Microsoft, as part of the regulatory battles that led to the deal's approval included a commitment to keep the series on PlayStation. And those plans extend for quite a while, as Activision already has the series mapped out through 2027.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I always preferred Treyarchs games to the others and the MW games. So this should be good and Cold War was probably my favorite game of the past few years besides the MW3

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I always preferred Treyarchs games to the others and the MW games. So this should be good and Cold War was probably my favorite game of the past few years besides the MW3
Cold War was really good. I bought it on sale and was surprised by how deep the campaign was, Tons to do across the main and side missions. I didn't even really touch the MP or Zombies but felt like it was worth it to play through the story. They really did a fantastic job on it.

Gulf War sounds great for a COD game. I prefer a lot of weapons from that era to the Modern games too, so I'd be looking forward to the weapons list.

Reactions: Wangman Page