• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cain Velasquez Targted For Return at UFC 136

bdogg1

Reaction score
if edge is in MITB as long as he is not the one who is pinned he would not lose the match and thus would still have the undefeated streak.

3lions

Reaction score
... but it would be tainted. Most would agree that with this sort of streak, only wins are referred to. It would be a cheap way to keep that streak going.

Ben

Reaction score
With Cain Velasquez healing, champ "probably" will headline UFC 136 in Houston

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on May 01, 2011 at 10:50 am ET
cain-velasquez-10.jpg
TORONTO – With Cain Velasquez reportedly recovering nicely from a recent shoulder surgery, UFC president Dana White is eyeing a fall return for his heavyweight champion.

Following Saturday night's UFC 129 post-event press conference at Toronto's Rogers Centre, White told a small group of reporters that Velasquez will likely return at the as-yet-unannounced UFC 136 event, which is expected to take place in Houston and coincide with the company's second UFC Fan Expo of 2011.

"Probably," White said when asked if Velasquez would headline the card. "I think that would make a lot of sense."

At a Friday Q&A session at this past weeked's UFC Fan Expo Toronto 2011, White announced the company's plans to bring an expo to Houston.

On Saturday, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported UFC 136 will likely take place on Oct. 8 at the city's 18,000-seat Toyota Center, which also hosted UFC 69 in 2007. The UFC has not visited the city since that night, an event that will forever be remembered for Matt Serra's shocking upset of current UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Velasquez has been sidelined since his October 2010 victory over then-champion Brock Lesnar. An injury to Velasquez's right shoulder required surgical repair, and a planned matchup with top contender Junior Dos Santos was nixed, putting the new champion's first defense of his title on hold.

Dos Santos and Lesnar are currently featured as opposing coaches on Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter 13" series. The two heavyweights meet at June's UFC 131 event in Vancouver to determine the division's No. 1 contender.

At Friday's "Super 7" presentation at Toronto's Ricoh Coliseum, which featured all seven UFC champions on stage for the first time in company history, Velasquez said he's itching to get back to work.

"It's been hard to be out this long," Velasquez said. "For me, my dream job is to work out for a living, and for me to not be able to do that is tough."

Good to see him back, and I really hope it's Dos Santos that he's facing. A rematch with Brock would be a better fight the second time around, but I see it ending the same.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I love Cain, but i really don't like his chances when he fights Dos Santos whenever that is, and correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt Brock get the winner of Cain/Dos Santos?