• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bigfella

Reaction score
The only way your BTB is going to survive, is to plan what is going to happen. Writing as the shows happen may be a little more fun, but your storylines will drag on and questions will be unanswered. You will have filler matches on PPV's and readers will possibly lose intrest. Theres generally an order on which you plan

1. Whole Fed
What will be the main draw card of your BTB? You need a certain storyline or angle to keep your readers interested. Maybe an invasion from another Promotion? A new stable running wild? New Authority figure comes in and runs shit his way? it's up to you, but try not to go to extreme
Examples: D-X/NWO, WWF Invasion, Bret Hart Returning, Hulk Hogan (lol)

2. Individual Superstars
This one is usually optional though. Maybe your favourite wrestler is The Rock, or Raven. You surely want him to be one of the main eventers in your BTB. Make sure you plan how he will defeat some big cunt, win the Royal Rumble and then Win the world title at Wrestlemania
Examples: Road to Wrestlemania, Gold medal challenge, 'Next Big Thing'

3. PPV's
PPV's in BTB are the real deal. The 4-5 weeks of Raw's, Smackdown's, Impact's or Generic ??W TV show should lead up to the PPV. You should always plan what matches you want to have at your PPV. This way, you will have decent matches, and not have to worry about throwing in late matches
Examples: Wresltemania, Summerslam, Lockdown, Cage of Death

4. Path to the PPV
Now that you have you main event ready, the champions and the challengers, and the big feud match, how did it all come to be. Plan everything that happened to the lead up to that match. Maybe someone won a Number One Contenders match on the 11th of March Raw event. And then on the 18th of March Raw, the champion attacks the Challenger backstage during an interview, setting up some heat for the match.
Examples: #1 Contenders, assults, debuts, returns, split ups, etc

5. The TV Show
You know what you have to do now. You already have your main storyline planned out and you know what matches are going to be at the PPV 4 weeks away. You have already planned your big matches, you just need to fill in your TV shows. Using the infomation from the last point, we know that on teh 11th of March, our future champion needs to win the match for the #1 Contender. Therefore, that match is on the card of 11/3 Raw. We also need to book a backstage interview for the #1 contender on the 18/3 Raw. This allows there to be no room for errors, or unexplained actions. (something TNA needs to work on)
Example: raw, smackdown, impact, Nitro, ROH@HDNET​

Reaction score
So there's 5 steps to having a great BTB. You missed out one important step.

6. Put time into your product and make people want to go, wow, I wonder whats happening next week or at the PPV.

That was good bigfella. I feel we just need people who will want to do shows and that. I've had 4 idea in 2 months but I couldn't get passed half of first show. We need to unblock members who would help with BTB and E-Fed.