Brother Ray speaks on returning to WWE & Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- TNA star Brother Ray spoke with Alex Marvez of Scrippsnews.com earlier this month and had the following to say about one of the reasons Team 3D chose not to return to WWE:

"We made a lot of money, learned a lot of stuff and are very appreciative of everything we got in WWE. But if we go back, what tag teams are we going to work with? They could have thrown together some guys, but it would never have been like with those we worked with, like the Hardys, Edge and Christian, the Acolytes and Too Cool. One thing Devon and I are big on is never taking a step backward."

Ray also commented on John Cena:

"At the end of the day, our business is about storytelling. Take the No. 1 guy in the business today -- John Cena. How many moves does he have? Five? But you know what all five of those moves are. It's his character that's very well developed and has intriguing storylines. That's why people buy into him emotionally."
Pretty good points on both ends. Seems like though if WWE had some legit tag teams set up they would have openly came back to WWE.

Reaction score
Re: Brother speaks on returning to WWE & Cena

I'm glad they didn't come back. They're way past it, and this current terrible feud in TNA is a perfect example.

I miss 2 Cool. Wonder what both guys are up to these days.

And well, yeah, he's spot on with Cena. Although he has 6 moves now.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
So having a feud against one another that no one cares about isnt a step back compared to wrestling make shift tag teams?

Kairi

Reaction score
i can understand his point from a tag team perspective, but i think they just need to retire all together, tna included. there is a time when you are just over the hill and they have reached it, does not take away from anything they did though, just that they can't do it now.