Bron Breakker comments on Royal Rumble showing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Please say it's time and he didn't just speak out of turn. I think everyone is ready for this.​

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Definitely think a post Mania call up is coming. Long overdue honestly

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Honestly the extra time in NXT helped him. He is a beast in ring, but needed to round out his character, so a year as a heel has helped him. But I think now's the time where they should be prepping his call up. Get a plan for him.

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I usually prefer heels, but I believe he should be a full babyface, he could be the next big star if he doesn't get injured or metoo-ed.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Shawn Michaels believes Bron Breakker still has work left to do in NXT.

Breakker entered the Royal Rumble on Saturday and later stated that he believes the WWE main roster is now his home. Nick Aldis also appeared to receive a phone call from Breakker during a segment on last night's Raw, possibly teasing the 26-year-old could be headed to SmackDown.

Michaels appeared on the Battleground podcast recently and was asked about Breakker's recent comments regarding the main roster.

Michaels said:

Well, look, he may feel like that's his home but he's still got work here in NXT to do whether he likes it or not.
Strange enough, that's our job, our job is to lose talent but I got to tell you, I'm going to have trouble letting him go.

I can assure you that there is more left for Bron Breakker here in NXT one way or another.
He's an incredibly talented, very gifted young man. As far as I'm concerned, he's young and, as we say, full of piss and vinegar. If he wants to double-time it he can certainly do it but I'm not letting him go that easy.

Breakker is also scheduled to team with Baron Corbin in the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Classic on Sunday at NXT Vengeance Day.

On today's Wrestling Observer Radio., Breakker's future was addressed by our own Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez.

"They'll probably finish him up on Sunday, I'm going to guess, or soon thereafter," Meltzer said.

"Too bad because, man, that team that he had with Corbin was great. What a team those guys were. I mean, he should be a singles star on the main roster and a champion," Alvarez added.

"He's absolutely ready to be a singles star on the main roster," Meltzer continued.

Breakker's appearance in the Rumble was as a late replacement for Brock Lesnar, who was withdrawn from the match following reports stating he's the "UFC Heavyweight Champion" referred to in Janel Grant's lawsuit against WWE, Vince McMahon, and John Laurinaitis. It is not clear if Breakker will be slotted into the rest of what was planned for Lesnar in the coming months, however.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
NXT are about to take some big hits over the coming months. Bittersweet but at least it shows the philosophy is working. Would be nice if they could send some bodies down there who need a rework or just some TV time in general.