AMA Brian Zewbowski vs. Tetsuo Ishii - LMS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
88eb764df3257c22911898eb4dd19580608a6b59.png

Ranked Exhibition
Return Singles Match
"The Effigy of Death" Brian Zewbowski vs. "The Agent of Love" Tetsuo Ishii

XWFHumanity-2.png
VS.
XWFJunk-1.png

#ZewbowskiVsIshii

Deadlines
Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021.

• Wow
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Little Cherry Blossom

Scene 1: Reunion

The scene opens in a small apartment bedroom. The walls are painted a strange shade of green, likely faded from years prior, and never redone. There are various articles of clothing, most looking rather worn, spread along the floor, mixed in with some kneepads, knuckle tape, and other various wrestling paraphernalia. In a corner, we also see a stack of wrestling DVDs, with red sale stickers on them. In the opposing corner, in a shoddy built single bed, Tetsuo Ishii is sleeping. The bed cover is barely covering him as he snores away comically.

Suddenly, the snoring is interrupted by a very loud vibration coming from the table next to him, as Tetsuo’s phone is going off. He originally ignores it, but grunts awake as multiple more vibrations come through.

Ai, Nani? What now? I need to rest after last week...

He slowly sits up awake and picks up his cell phone, an old Nokia with an array of kawaii stickers and attachments. Tetsuo’s eyes suddenly light up.

Ranked....single...match. YES! YATA! I finally did it!

Tetsuo jumps up in excitement out of bed, for some reason, he’s also still wearing his wrestling pants to bed. Perhaps he can’t currently afford anything more. He quickly puts on an old shirt, and runs a quick comb through his hair.

People think I’m a joke, still. They think that shrug nation is just silliness. But at Last Man Standing, I’m going to prove to every single one of you AMA fans, that don’t believe in Shrug Nation yet, that Tetsuo Ishii is the full package!

Tetsuo nods and flexes his right bicep with a charismatic smile, he’s really excited for this upcoming match.

And not only you guys! All my fans in Japan too! I want to make all of you proud. Especially...

Tetsuo suddenly stops, like he has a frog in his throat. He looks down for a moment and tries to shake off what appears to be a strong wave of emotions.

Especially my little Cherry Blossom...

Tetsuo stops again, whipping off some tears that he evidently is incapable of holding back. Before he can fully regain his composure, his phone vibrates again. Tetsuo looks genuinely confused now. The camera switches to the text message he just received.

On behalf of everyone here at AMA, we would like to thank you for not only choosing us as your preferred promotion, but your continued success here. We are sending over a token of our appreciation.

Tetsuo scratches his head and wipes a tear off his face. A knock on the door jolts him out of his confused trance. Tetsuo gets up, shaking his head and wondering what the heck is going on, muttering to himself. He opens the door quickly and is about to perhaps start yelling but is instantly frozen in place.

Y...Yuki?!!!

A young, spunky looking Japanese woman is standing in the doorway, sporting a school uniform from Japan. She throws up a sideways peace sign beside her right eye.

Oyaji! What’s up, old man!

----------

Scene 2: Leaving the past behind

Tetsuo and his daughter, Yuki Blossom, are sitting at a Sushi bar , catching up while feasting on rolls.

When did you get here? How?

Tetsuo asks with glee, quickly shoveling sushi into his mouth.

Chill out Dad, I just landed a few hours ago.

Yuki laughs at his table manners

Yuki, how did you afford...

Tetsuo shifts to a more serious and concerned tone all of a sudden

Don’t worry about that, Mr. Thawne took care of the travel.

Yuki is very aloof and isn't giving much information, perhaps on purpose.

Nani? Why? I don’t understand!

Ishii is very confused.

Well Pops, I don’t think you quite get how much people love you over here. Just like they loved you at home! They thought after winning three big matches, and now up for your biggest match in AMA to date, you deserved a bit of a reward. Especially after all you’ve done for me...

There is a softness in Yuki's voice, and you fully believe that she is grateful to Tetsuo.

Yuki...

Ishii starts to speak but is cut off

Hush old man! You need to hear this!

Yuki pauses and takes a deep breath.

I know what you’ve sacrificed for me...And I know why you had to leave home...

She begins, her voice a bit shakey

I did it for you...

Don’t you think I know that! But dammit, you dumbass old man...I never asked you to take that fall...To give up on your dream of becoming champion .

Yuki looks passionate, sad and angry all at once. There is quiet fire behind her expression.

Tetsuo wasn’t ready for that revelation, that she knew. This one stings him right down to his soul. The biggest stain in his professional career, his monumental title bout for the Japanese Heavyweight Championship...The one he lost...on purpose... His face contorts as his biggest fear comes to bite him in the ass, right here and now.

I’m sorry my little Blossom...I know you think I have no honor. But after your parents passed away...I had to make sure you were always taken care of. The money they offered me to take the pin...It helped pay for your entire schooling and....

Tetsuo is fumbling his words in embarassment. He feels very small right now.

Yuki’s parents passed away in a car accident when she was very young. Her father, a famed japanese wrestler himself, was Tetsuo’s best friend and tag team partner when he passed away. Since then, Ishii had taken upon himself to raise her as his daughter, by himself. It appears he lives like a bum, and appears cheap, because he spends every single cent he had to ensure she is successful in life. To yuki, Tetsuo is simply her dad, but she always speaks to him very informally.

Shut up! I know why you did it, dummy. I’m not mad at you Dad...I just...I don’t want you to waste another chance! Don’t you get it! I just want to see you win!

Yuki slams her fist on the table in passion. She wants her father to succeed more than anything in the world.

Well, I was just happy to get a payday, to be honest. He smiles bashfully and scratches his head
This guy is pretty damn tough, and I got lucky! Even with Shrug Nation, I’m not sure it’s possible I can beat this guy one one...

Tetsuo sheepishly says.

Baka! I swear, what the hell would you even do without me! No wonder you’re late for meetings, missing practice with you partners, wasting time on social media...BAKA PAPA! Let’s go! Right now!

Fire is almost coming off of Yuki's body, she's so fired up!

What do you mean we’re going? Where? NANI YUKI!!

To the gym! She slams a credit card on the table CHEQUE PLEASE!

Once they pay, she grabs her father by the arm and drags him out to him protesting in Japanese.

-----------------

Scene 3:Revelation

At the wrestling gym

Tetsuo is in the middle of the ring by himself, taking flat bumps, and running the ropes alternatively. His sweat is pouring over the mat as he grunts with every bump. Suddenly a record scratches in the gym’s PA system.

Hey old man, don’t think you’re going to train and have all the fun by yourself, do you? You think I’ve only been studying math while you’ve gone? Check this!

After a brief moment of silence followed by some shuffling noise...A strange hypnotic song hits the speakers.

From behind a makeshift curtain, once the beat drops, Yuki Blossom appears, in full colorful wrestling gear. She hypes up an invisible crowd and points multiple times at her foster dad taunting him.

8be0ab99509d7e71644b4e2b52b4a8abf886b7ba.gifv

Tetsuo is standing in the ring, mouth wide open, completely shocked, as tears of joy roll down his face.

Yuki Blossom is going to KICK! YOUR! BUTT! Yuki yells as she slides into the ring with a devious grin on her face, fully enjoying the joyful shock on her father’s face.

What the...Yuki!!!!! What’s this???

He is completely flabbergasted.

You really think, when both my fathers were legends of wrestling, that I’d just sit at home doing algebra? I might be a school nerd, but I’m even more so a wrestling nerd. I’ve been wrestling after school for a few years now. And there’s another surprise...she pulls out a piece of paper from her trunks. Hope you have a spare bedroom....

Tetsuo reads the piece of paper and his eyes are even wider now. He’s holding an AMA amateur contract, with the name YUKI BLOSSOM signed at the bottom. He goes to hug her, but she instead locks up with him aggressively.

We can hug later, show me what you got, you old fart!

Yuki is grinning like a mischievous child who just got in trouble but doesn't care.

Looks like I’m going to have to teach you a little lesson in respect, Blossom-chan!

Tetsuo snaps back with a smile of his own.

A few hours pass by as Yuki and Tetsuo laugh and train hard, going through various maneuvers. We see scenes of Tetsuo mentoring Yuki, correcting her form on various moves and submissions. Yuki is very quick and athletic, and has tons of raw potential. Who knows how far she herself could go with Tetsuo’s mentorship? But she eventually stops him with his advice, she wants to make something clear about today.

Pops, I know you want to teach me everything today. She laughs. But this is about you getting serious, too! You need to win in Texas, dad...You need to make things right, and show the world you’re not some bum from Japan. You need to show them that Shrug Nation is for real, and that this ride is going to continue to go up! I want to see you hold the AMA championship one day, and celebrate with the world, and show them all why I’m proud...Why I’m proud to call you Dad!

Her voice cracks a bit and tears well in her eyes slightly.

After wiping a tear of his daughters face, Tetsuo gets instantly intense as hell. He begins to shout enthusiastically.

Yuki....I’m going to do it. I’m promising you, right here and now. Bryan! You talk about split personalities and death? Well, I’m not scared of you, at all, BAKAbowky! Who needs death and a voice in your head, when I have hope and my daughter by my side? I may have gotten a bit lucky last fight, but I still pinned you, 1...2....3.

He shows the number three with his right hand, and laughs cockily with exaggeration.

You’ve seen silly, fun loving Tetsuo, but now, Yuki by my side, it’s time for the real Ishii to come out. I’m the most internationally experienced technical wrestler on this roster, maybe even the whole damn planet, Zebby boy! I’m going to twist you up like a pretzel , going to lift you up over my head, and I’m going to drop you right on that scrambled brain of yours! Maybe, even, it’ll shake out those little ONIs ..demons...in your head, you crazy boy!

Tetsuo puts his hands on his hips to catch his breath, and Yuki steps in front of him and points at an invisible camera.

That’s right Bryan, you loser! You couldn’t beat my dad last event, and on June 15th, Dickies Arena, goooood ooooool Texas baby! At Last Man Standing, the only way YOU are standing, is on some crutches, buster! SHRUG NATION is coming, and you can’t stop this train until it reaches Championship Station! CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOO!

Ishii’s smile is from ear to ear, beaming with pride. His daughter can cut a godamn promo, she’s the real damn deal! He puts his arm lovingly around Yuki. The both do the Shrug Nation shrug at the camera with devious smiles. They continue to train hours into the night, one sequence being more complex than the other.

Fade out.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Uncaging the Dragon

Lock 1 – Brothers in Arms

Tetsuo Ishii is staring off into the horizon, leaning on the guardrail of this balcony, as the sun is beginning to rise. It’s almost 5 am on an already scorching morning, and the last few nights, sleep has been a rarity.

He can’t seem to shake this terrible weight inside his chest, this heaviness he’s felt since his daughter Yuki showed up at his door step. What was this feeling? Had it been so long since he’s felt it? He stares into the rising sun for another fleeting moment, as birds everywhere along the neighboring trees begin to chirp in harmony. I remember this feeling. It’s pressure.

Now that Yuki was in his life again, like a roaring cannonball, it hit him right in the gut. All of a sudden, he had someone looking up to him. Who idolized him. Who actually wanted him to win. But just she wanted him to succeed, with it comes to pressure of failure. A loss now could mean the end, one never knows when your career can suddenly be over.

Tetsuo feels a warm presence over him. No one can see it, but he knows in his heart his soul is present. His late partner in crime’s essence was always looking over him, even at his lowest points.

You’d be so damn proud Beni...Your kids going to be a star. She’s got your spirit.

Ishii looks on, lost in his thoughts as the scene fades into a flashback.

We go back to 2005, Japan, Tokyo Dome. Ishii and Beni, Yuka’s birth father, are challenging two beast looking Gaijin wrestlers, who have had a reign of terror as the National Japanese Tag Team Champions over the past year.

GA2-e1552142425840.jpg

Gaijin Bad Boys

Hiroshi_Tanahashi_2016.jpg

Beni in 2005

Beni is working the smaller of the two Gaijins in the ring when he’s cut off with a big boot by an interrupting partner. Ishii is beginning to get very nervous; he’s never had to make the potential save before, Beni being the more popular and athletic of the two, despite his vast technical prowess and knowledge of holds and slams.

As the referee breaks up the two on one, he sees Beni crawling to him and smiling.

I softened his back up for you, Tetsuo! Once I tag you, hit the peaches!

What! I’ll never pull that one off, I always mess it up.

Stop being a baby Ishii, and believe in yourself as much as I do.

The smaller of the two finally pushes the referee aside, but it’s too late. Beni hops the one foot, ducks a lariat, spins around and dives into his corner for a hot tag. Ishii hops over the tops rope and lays out the small man with a lariat. He sidesteps a big boot, and hits a jumping neckbreaker from behind. He then rolls out the big boy under the bottom rope to the outside.

He’s nervous as the crowd goes wild chanting his name, feeling the pressure of messing up the big maneuver. He looks over at his corner and see the soft, confident smile of Beni looking back at him.
The smaller man charges him but Ishii hits him with a gut kick. He locks him up and sidesteps behind him...and hits a PEACH SUNRISE.

NEW CHAMPIONS! Ishii and Beni have ended the reign of terror.

As Beni and Ishii hug in the middle of the ring, Beni whispers to him.

Don’t ever forget you’re the best damn wrestler Japan has ever seen.

Back in real time, Ishii shakes off the memory and smiles. He heads back inside and says with authority:

I won’t let you down, my friend.

Tetsuo Ishii now uses the Peach Sunrise as a Finisher.
MomoSunrise.gif

Reactions: Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Two promos huh.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Two promos huh.
If you're worried about the numbers, you can split your 14K word promo into two and I'm sure they'll both still be longer than his. :cudi

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
#worldbuilding but yeah my second one is smol boi for a glimpse at backstory

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
If you're worried about the numbers, you can split your 14K word promo into two and I'm sure they'll both still be longer than his. :cudi
I'd be more worried about me actually getting one in this week.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler