Blake Christian interview with Denise Salcedo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Credit: Denise Salcedo

When Blake Christian was released by WWE in November 2021, he wasted no time getting back to work, keeping a busy schedule that has seen him wrestle Minoru Suzuki for GCW and David Finlay for NJPW Strong with dates against Will Ospreay for Warrior Wrestling and Black Taurus for PWG coming soon.

Ahead of his appearance Saturday for Pro Wrestling Revolver, I had the opportunity to talk to the former Trey Baxter in WWE following WrestleMania week in Dallas, Texas. Not only was that weekend his first experience wrestling a ton of shows during one of the biggest wrestling weeks, but also wrestling for four major promotions in a single day.

That day saw him take on Colt Cabana at ROH Supercard of Honor, New Japan Strong against JONAH, the Clusterf**k Battle Royal at Joey Janela's Spring Break 6 and the Ultimate X match at Impact's Multiverse of Matches show.

"That's my memorable moment to say that I was the first person to do this and maybe the only person to do this," he said.

"I was scheduled for (Mania weekend) two years ago right when the pandemic hit and then it was all taken away. I had a lot of good stuff lined up then and then the second one, I was obviously signed with WWE and I couldn't. But just to be able to experience it the way I did, I was hustling. I was coming out of WWE and I really wasn't expecting to hustle like that. But, I mean, I am happy because overall, I love wrestling. The money is great, but I love to wrestle and to be able to wrestle that many times and on such a big weekend that was special to me."

Christian had signed with WWE in February 2021 before his release later that year. He wrestled just five matches in NXT, took part in their Breakout Tournament, and had five matches on 205 Live.

Christian talked about his sudden release and whether he was surprised.

"I was upset and it kinda came out out of nowhere but also, at the same time, especially because you are around so many people that have had it before...you kind of always expect it. You hear the rumors and then you're like, 'Okay, maybe it's me.' Sometimes it is and in my case, it was me."

He said he gained a lot during his short time with WWE.

"When I came out of WWE, my work kind of showed for itself. I was still hustling like I was before WWE, but I was also more polished and better. So, I don't think that I went there and just didn't get better."

"I made a lot of connections that I never thought I would have: Scotty 2 Hotty, Matt Bloom, Robbie Brookside and especially William Regal. To talk to him and to have sit down sessions with him and just talk wrestling, that was overall cool with me. Those moments made it worth it. I made those connections with people I idolized."

Would ever he ever consider going back to WWE?

"I think the phrase here is never say never. I am enjoying a lot of what I am doing right now. I just did some stuff with AEW, now ROH, so I am really enjoying that. I am wrestling a lot more, so I am enjoying that."

Christian takes on Trey Miguel, Ace Austin and Lince Dorado in an Revolved Remix title match Saturday for PWR, available on FITE.TV.

Reactions: Marty McFourth